VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Best Guess On Time Frame / Atlanta Ro

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

I know it is almost impossible to give an accurate answer here. My claim has been in the "Decision Phase" since 1/20/2011 in Atlanta RO. Usually I would just sit back an wait without concern. However, they are deciding my claim without my response to the VCAA (they lost it). I know I will have to appeal when the decision comes in. I just hate loosing time waiting so I can submit a NOD.

Has anyone gotten a decision from Atlanta RO recently? How long did it take to complete the "Decision Phase" so I can get ready for my NOD?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I know it is almost impossible to give an accurate answer here. My claim has been in the "Decision Phase" since 1/20/2011 in Atlanta RO. Usually I would just sit back an wait without concern. However, they are deciding my claim without my response to the VCAA (they lost it). I know I will have to appeal when the decision comes in. I just hate loosing time waiting so I can submit a NOD.

Has anyone gotten a decision from Atlanta RO recently? How long did it take to complete the "Decision Phase" so I can get ready for my NOD?

JHawks,

It's not "almost impossible to give an accurate answer here" or anywhere else -

it is totally impossible. Any answer is really just a guesstimate.

I would not even begin to prepare a NOD without studying the Rating Decision over

several time in advance.

There is absolutely no way to know what your disagreement would would be prior to either

VSO or VA notification of the decision.

Sometimes we actually get surprised and issues are granted, that we thought would be denied

or lowballed.