Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Co-Pay & A.o. Presumptives

Rate this topic

Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

After several years of VA run around, from the VARO to the VAMC to Financial and back again - - With side trips to the Nehmer class action lawyers, and the Senate Veterans committee - -

The VAMC called to tell me that an audit showed that the VA owed me a several hundred dollar refund, along with interest. Further, they also owed my insurance company a refund.

This was the result of a long term effort, over more than a year or so. It required enough griping and phone calls inside and outside the VA to eventually get the VA to understand that sooner or later, they would do something,

or have the ripple effect continue to grow. Specifically, thanks to those at the VAMC that cared enough to make it happen.

Some side information

The VA puts veterans in different classes, from one to eight.

Most "adjucated" service connected veterans end up in class two.

Class six is a "funny" class. In part, it includes presumptive conditions that have not been awarded compensation, or have not been adjucated. (Nehmer veterans in general), as well as others.

Class six coverage for a presumptive condition - - VA documents on the VA Web site(s) state that an A.O. presumptive veteran is not charged "Co-Pay" for treatment/drugs, etc. due to the presumptive condition(s).

The laws require that the VA have a process for a veteran to protest charges that the veteran believes are incorrect. There is a process to wave co-pay for those who fit "low income". No other formal process seems to exist at this time.

It looks like the VA financial form for low income could easily be modified to be more general in nature, and fill the void.

Edited by Chuck75

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use