VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Guest jstacy

I was told today that My appeal was actually in the DRO reviewers hands. I had a C@P that concurs with my claim, I wonder how much longer it will be. ALready havs been over 3 years.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Geeez- three years-

I had to send my DRO a copy of the DRO's job description-she was new DRO and didnt know what was what-

here it is if you need it- attached-

hold them to it-----

DRO_Important_job_description.doc

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

I have warned vets to stay away from the DRO process. Even after waiting for 3 years. Which is a sign in and of itself they are screwing with you right now. You wait for years for a DRO decission and many times they photo copy the previous ruling and send it out to you.

I would say you would be better off telling the VA tommrow you want to appeal to the BVA and skip the DRO hearing.

The only way the vets will stop the RO abuse is to take wway the RO acess to us.

Terry Higgins

• In Memoriam

I agree with Terry.

I have been at the VARO level for thirty years, but have hadit with them. I have had to wait a couple of years for the BVA decision anyway. Now remanded to VARO via AMC. AMC tells me the decision will not go back to the VARO and that a decision will be made at the AMC. I am in limbo. At least my Limbo is a little further along than the VARO limbo. AMC said by the middle of July they would most likely have a decision when they had already told me the middle of June.

VA interpretation of expeditious = When we get around to it. We are backlogged to about X months (X=9 through 30 months).

If you want them to move forward with your case send them a letter that all your evidence is in.

Edited by Stretch

Guest jstacy

Stretch and Terry I also have the form 9 waiting to fire off as soon as I get a negative decision. I just figured I would try the DRO path for this claim. I will take the other claims along a more direct path.

You are right about one thing. The word expedite means absolutely nothing to these folks.