Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Big Question Out There

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

I know this is probably an insane question but here goes..............

Now that Nehmer claims have been being worked since 10/2010 and all the other "Priority" claims have helped bog things down, once a "Normal", run of the mill, one item claim reaches the "Decision Phase", what kind of a time frame are we looking at for completion?

My claim for just one item hit the "Decision Phase" on 1/20/11, 31 days ago. Is it real to expect them to complete it in the next week or two or are we looking at a much longer window?

I'm NOT complaining at all. I know the rules. Go fishing, get a hobby or have a beer and relax. Just curious what the recent track record has been for those whose claims have been in "Decision Phase" for a non-priority claim and how long it took to complete.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We are already working cases over a yr as priorities. But as i said, the priorities change as needed. The system itself notifies us when it reaches that mark.

Zeldrina,

VA gets hit on production and percentages, management is rated in part on that basis. Giving notice to a coach that a case is nearing the 1YR mark is a tool, as is having it worked on OT.

Is is your RO ambivalent to that type of suggestion?