Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Permanent Disability Status Letter?

Rate this question

Guest Jerry300

Question

Guest Jerry300

How do I get a letter stating my status as permanent? I am 70% with IU for 100% and my wife receives CHAMPVA benefits. I called the 800 number and asked for a letter showing I was permanent disabled. They simply sent a letter stating my monthly compensation (2429).

Evidently I didn't ask the right question.

Thanks

Jerry

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I'm still puzzled... I've been 100% PTSD since May 1998..... I requested a letter showing that I was 100% P&T... the letter I received stated:

This is to Certify that ******** is an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. ARMY and has service-connected disability evaluated at 100 percent. The veteran has not been scheduled for future examinations.

What the hell does that mean??? I've got my ID Card for Comm. and PX privlidges.. no expiration date... just says Indefinately... What to you think??

BS

• HadIt.com Elder

Not scheduled for a future exam and P&T Service Connection.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

How do I get a letter stating my status as permanent? I am 70% with IU for 100% and my wife receives CHAMPVA benefits. I called the 800 number and asked for a letter showing I was permanent disabled. They simply sent a letter stating my monthly compensation (2429).

Thanks

Jerry

You must visit the VA Regional office near you. A quick walk-in to the receptionist and a letter will be typed before your eyes. Take the letter to your town tax assessor's office and file for property tax exemption.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks

Jerry

Jerry, when a veteran rated 100% has no future exams scheduled he or she is permanent and total. There is some useful information on this in V.A. OPG Prec. 56-91 on the website of V.A. General Counsel Precedent Opinions.