Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Research Help

Rate this question

chucknewcomb

Question

I went to the bussiness office the other day and had them print off a list of all my diagoniss and they have codes out to the side these codes don't seem to correlate to 38cfr. I tried a internet search on one and It wanted me to join a pay site to view the info

here is a example

TRAUM ARTHROPATHY-L/LEG (716.16)

where can i find out about this code and I am about to submit another claim as soon as i get the offical notification that the previous one has been closed .

Here is where I am according to the letter I got from DAV the other day

10% chondromalacia right knee granted 06/15/10

10% bilateral tinnitus granted 06/15/10

10% retro patella pain syndrome left knee is continued

Denied bilateral hearing loss

I also have 2 at 0% but I cant remember what they are for

one was for a skin condition

the other maybe a wart that I had when I got out

I am planning on trying to add

Major Depressive Disorder, Recurrent, Severe (ICD-9-CM 296.30)

PTSD, Chronic (309.81)

Insomnia with Sleep Apnea (ICD-9-CM 781.51)

I am also thinking of fililng a NOD for my left knee

Can I file a NOD while starting a new claim

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

rakk i understand that but thats pretty much what I was expecting i requested a copy of my c-file cause my left knee could possibly require a higher disability

well I filed my new claim today and am now thinking maybe I should of done it myself the DAV guy that I normally deal with was not there. I had a dr appt so I dropped of a list of how I wanted it

new contentions

insomnia with sleep apnea

flat feet with hammer toe/ bunions/corns

secondary

Major Depressive Disorder secondary to my Retro patella pain syndrome

all this was written out on the back of a paper I got from the ROI office stating all my RX's

I come back everything is written as a new contention plus (PTSD something about fear for my life) was added after I said I dont want to file for PTSD cause I dont know if I can prove my stressor. He said he has inside information and that it will go through.then started asking me about things I dont have ie neuroopathy and diebeties

What should i have done? I am thinking as long as I get sleep apnea i will be able to get TDIU and NOD the PTSD and MDD by telling them that DAV talked me into it that I didnt want to file for PTSD

My thinking is MDD and PTSD are going off of the same rating criteria and MDD is easier to prove why do both

Then tell your NSO to withdraw it. Don't pursue a frivolous claim. If you have major depression then make sure your doctor knows, and that it's due to your knees (which are service connected right?) under the provisions of 38 C.F.R. 3.310. I'm sure he'll get the point. Tell him, if he doesn''t understand he should go over your request with his supervisor.

However, understand it's his job to discuss and consider secondaries and presumptive conditions. He may have also been basing your situation if you are a combat veteran.

Edited by rakkwarrior

It's not exactly frivilous cause every contention is a actual Diaganos and I am currently bieng treated for both MDD and PTSD. I am gonna call in the morning and have them withdraw it. I will type it up like I want it and have the DAV NSO at the RO file it.

Do you know where I can get that form