Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus Claim / Heraring Aides

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

I am filing another claim for Tinnitus. I have had OM for years and also had it in service. I went today to the VA and th e little lady was exceptional. I had went tp private doc last week. He said I needed $2000 for hearing aides. Well to make a long story short, I pick up the hearing aides in a couple of weeks at no cost to me.

Plus I can actually make the misses happy and turn down the TV.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I am filing another claim for Tinnitus. I  have had OM for years and also had it in service. I went today to the VA and th e little lady was exceptional. I had went tp private doc last week. He said I needed $2000 for hearing aides. Well to make a long story short, I pick up the hearing aides  in a couple of weeks at no cost to me.

Plus I can actually make the misses happy and turn down the TV.

John,

Is your Otitis Media SC yet ?

On your claim for Tinnitus, is it secondary to Otitis ?

Remember for Tinnitus to be granted it must be re-current.

This is my results for tinnitus claim:

Service connection for tinnitus has been established as directly related to military service. The evidence shows you served in the Army with a military occupation listed as light weapons infantryman. The VA examination shows you have tinnitus and the examiner indicated that your military servicer was a contributing factor. Therefore service connection is established with a 10 percent for recurrent tinnitus. An evaluation of 10 percent is assigned from April 23, 2001.