stormvet

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When rating mental conditions they take into consideration the length of time for peak symptoms. She does not want you driving “now”. If “now” turns into a prolonged period of time this would work toward a higher rating. If she had put in there she did not expect any significant improvement and you would not be able to drive for the rest of your life, the raters would really need to take notice.

My brother is so “spacey” from his PTSD that I won’t go anywhere in a car with him driving. This has been going on for 30 years. He does not even take drugs. He crashes about one car a year. Fortunately he lives in a VERY rural area and he hits tress, bridges and overpass structures. Our first clue something was really wrong was when he bought a boat with two motors and dual controls. He could not steer using the dual controls which is necessary for close quarter navigation in a harbor.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

Thanks Hoppy

I am a space cadet at times anyway, but the meds they have me on is the Doc's concern. So time will tell how long the effects are going to be , On a brighter note the meds have started to help after 6 months of trial and error upping the dossage on this one lowering this one you know the drill. Since having half my colon removed last Sept the PTSD depression and anxity has kicked my butt. This forum has been a help to guide me thru the VA process thank goodness. I can't imagine how some people withstand all the VA puts them thru. I was hhospitalized before leaving active duty for PTSD and depression back in 91 and had varied degrees of symptoms since then. I was able to make it thru and work until the surgeries of the past few months. Thanks to those who post here it does tend to give me at least some bit of confidence that with time things do get worked out.