Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting Non-Va Med Test Into Va Computer System

Rate this question

autumn

Question

curious as to why the records dept at our VA doesn't scan info into the system when i take it to them - non-VA medical reports.

they say they'll get it into the system but i have yet to see them do so. they say if the doctor wants to see them he can request them. problem is, none of my doctors here request it so they never see it.

just curious if the veteran has the right to get the medical info into the system or is it VA policy they don't have to?

i'm wanting to know before i send a note to the local VA chief of staff about this

thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Weird. Ive never had any problem getting stuff into my C file, but then It usually gets included with a filing so legally it kind of has to. I also provide all my own copies, and save them as scanned PDF's with dates so I can keep track of when they got them.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

getting into c-file i can do via mailing to RO. maybe that is what i'm supposed to do?

i go to records office with papers and ask they scan it into my med records (different than c-file) and they say sure, but don't. these are what the doctor would see on the computer when he brings up my records.

I think those might have to be requested from doctor to doctor to be included-maybe that is why they aren't in there? They could be altered by the patient before inclusion? It might be a security thing.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)