VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

September 23, 2005

Department Of Veterans Affairs

VA Regional Office

210 Franklin RD

Roanoke VA 24011

Attention xxx-xx-xxxx In reply to 314/212B

Dear Sir,

I received a rating decision dated 13 July 2005. Consider this letter to be an official “Notice of Disagreement” (NOD) regarding the following disabilities

1, The rating for gastritis with esophagitis and history of hiatal hernia (claimed as acid reflux) at 10 percent is to low I believe that a evaluation of 30 percent is warranted I have many of the symptoms If you notice the rating decision for chest pain was denied there has been a substantial weight loss from 178 to 163. I believe after talking to my primary care physician Dr Fee that my chest pains and weight lossisue to my acid reflux. When I went to QTC for my exam for Laryngitis I puked on the doctor three times and she was never able to finish the exam. Her exact words were your should not be gagging and throwing up your acid reflux is out of control and that you need to have to have your exam rescheduled

2, The rating for Chronic laryngopharyngeal reflux (claimed as laryngitis) rated at 0 percent is 2 low. I never received a proper C+P Exam as I states above in paragraph one I kept throwing up on the doctor. The records for my chronic Laryngitis go back almost 15 years.

3, Service connection on my right shoulder was denied even thou I was treated for right shoulder pain in the Military. The attending Physician Assistant gave me some pain pills and that was that. On Langley Air Force Base in Virginia where I was stationed there was no such thing as sick call (lack of doctors.) So when I was in pain I just took a 500-milligram pain pill and pressed on if I were given x-rays in the military my right shoulder problem would have shown up. I believe under VA regulations I should be given the benefit of doubt. I was on active duty the second time from Dec 1984 to April 2003. Considering the fact that the military lost my records and x-rays show the problem right out of the military it should be service connected

4 Service connection for chronic sore throat was denied I believe that is also caused by my acid reflux and should be either secondary to my acid reflux or classified under acid reflux to my daily gagging in the morning.

5, My claim for asbestos exposure that I claimed on 9 Aug 2004 was never acted upon.

6,Just for your general knowledge Langley Air Force Base in Virginia is so short of doctors they due not give retirement physicals even thou I asked for one.

7, I am requesting a DE NOVO Review by a new Decision Review Officer

V/R

James J. xxxxxxx

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Sorry Folks

I forgot to ask you what I wanted. I just wanted you all to take a look at this and see if i missed anything,

Thanks

Jim

Jim- with the initial of your last name, and USAF- yur records could have destrpyed in the fire-

But is that what VA or an SO said?

Did you attempt to get your military records from NARA yourself?

• In Memoriam

Jim --

It's too rambling and beefs too mnuch about the RO. Make your NOD short and sweet == just say the disabilities you are appealing -- and always say that, if your claim is not allowed, you intend to appeal it to the BVA.

Alex

Jim

You must have really seen a lot of action to develope such problems. Did your unit have a lot of casualties?. The 1st Marine division had 7500 in just three weeks in the reservoir.

None of them that I know of ever collected both a retirement check and a disability check on top of it.

Oh, I forgot. you were in the Air Farce. Must be hoorible to have so little self respect as to pretend you deserve something you never earned.

Tacho

Tacho

My mother always taught me if you had nothing nice to say to somebody don’t sat award BUT YOU CAN KISS MY ASS. I am sick and tired of you calling the Air Force a Farce. I wonder how much causality the Marines would have taken without Air Support. In my time in the USAF I never had anybody complain when we flew into shit holes and took the home. Read the paper sometimes I am sure that the parents of 21-year-old AF Policewoman killed in Iraq this weekend does not think she was in the Air Farce.

Another thing if you are collecting VA benefits then how come you are collecting a SS check. I try to ignore you but you are as bad as the other dude Fargo. So go play in traffic ok. I use to respect you for your service but no all I see is a bitter old man

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that you are going to need a Doc to connect the dots for you and I think that asking for a specific amount may be a mistake. Other than that it looks like an answer and pses some good questions.