Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bilateral Comment On C&p Exam

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Since my "Hearing loss" post was a bust (I figured it out on my own), lets see if I can do better this round:

Have a claim pending for an increase for my right shoulder, I was originally rated bilateral both shoulders "shoulder tendinopathy" 10% each.

Had my C&P for my right shoulder increase. C&P doctor examined my right shoulder while comparing it to my left shoulder.

VA (?) sent claim back to C&P doctor for clarification.

***"on examination it was noted that he also had bilateral AC joint degenerative arthritis. Neither shoulder currently include arthritis in the diagnosis."

***"After a review of the evidence, please discuss the following with regard to the right and left shoulder tendinopathy: As arthritis is present, please provide an opinion as to whether the arthritis is at lest as likely as not related to the in service connected condition or injury or whether it is more likely related to some other cause.

Response from C&P to VA (?).

DIAGNOSIS: Right and Left Shoulder Tendinopathy with mild bilateral AC joint degenerative arthritis.

OPINE: Bilateral shoulder arthritis is at least as likely as not related to the service.

So, with that said, my questions are:

1. Will they increase/rate/change my rating on my SC left shoulder automatically (since the C&P doctor made comment on it) in addition to my claim for increase on my SC right shoulder or will I have to submit an increase for the left shoulder arthritis separately?

2. Are tendinopathy and arthritis rated separately or the higher of either when talking about the same joint?

Probably will find my answers when I get my claim rated and the envelope, just trying to burn time.

Thanks,

Hamslice

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet