Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Update On My Claim

Rate this question

HSCM

Question

Checked E Benefits today and finally my claim file has made it to the correct VA. Now the questions, while checking out the status of my claim there was the following messages:

"Please submit medical evidence on your current disability as well as evidence showing a connection between your disability and your service connected condition. We will consider service connection for your as secondary to your service connected condition. Note: Temporary or intermittent flare ups of a condition are not considered aggravation, unless the underlying condition, as contrasted by symptoms, has gotten worse."

"We need evidence showing that the following condition(s) existed from military service to the present time:

hearing loss, Infertility, Hypogonadism, ptsd/anxiety, migraine, sleep apnea, lower back, right hand numbness, Degenerative Disc Disease"

The odd part is they have a copy of both volumes of my health records, what are they looking for? Another copy of my SMR? I would have asked my VSO but he out of the office today. I am asking the wisdom of the board, what in the blue hells are they asking for?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

TITLE 38 > PART II > CHAPTER 11 > SUBCHAPTER VI > § 1154Prev | Next

§ 1154. Consideration to be accorded time, place, and circumstances of service

(a) The Secretary shall include in the regulations pertaining to service-connection of disabilities(1) additional provisions in effect requiring that in each case where a veteran is seeking service-connection for any disability due consideration shall be given to the places, types, and circumstances of such veteran’s service as shown by such veteran’s service record, the official history of each organization in which such veteran served, such veteran’s medical records, and all pertinent medical and lay evidence...<a href=http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode38/usc_sec_38_00001154----000-.html">http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode38/usc_sec_38_00001154----000-.htmlWhat "they" are looking for is the connection between service and the current illnesses. If your medical records indicate you were treated for the conditions in the military, then fill out a Form 9 and submit New and Material Evidence by highlighting those facts within your record. Example: Hearing Loss. When was the first time you were injured which caused any symptoms at all (within the military)? Find that incident and attach it to your Form 9. The same for the other claims. Think of it like building a house, you need a strong foundation from which to build. Your first records of injury is the pouring of the concrete and then you build from there.INJURY REPORT (In the military)>MEDICAL RECORDS (in the military)>MEDICAL RECORDS (after discharge)>Title 38 Laws which pertain to your case>Supportive evidence (other records).

VA FORMS:http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp

Awesome information, and a great way to put it. Thank you.

Cpl. B