VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After Waiting 1 Year And Some Change I Am Finally Done....

Rate this question

Kim82

Question

So I went on to Ebenefits last night and noticed that my claim had gone from decision to closed, never even touched notification phase. So I went to check the letter generator and sure enough there was everything I needed to know. I finally have my rating and I am so over the moon right now. I don't know how the percentages breaks down because I claimed a few things but overall I got 60%, I will be filling a second claim to address my sleep apnea, migraines, hearing loss and tinnitus in the near future. I really can't even tell you how much help the people on this site have been for me, so thank you for everything!

On another note I am going in today to have the UPPP surgery and also having a polyp removed from my left sinus. And then they said something about resizing my tongue not sure what that means but ok. I am pretty sure I will be pretty crappy for a while and may not have the chance to get on here while I am recovering, but I just wanted to give you all an update.

Kim,

Any official letter yet ?

Are you set up for direct deposit ?

If you have dependents's and haven't submitted a 21-686c

and the additional documents requested on it - that will need to be done.

Also, check out possible additional state benefits.

This is all usually done AFTER you receive your official notice.

The letter I read was on ebenefits I am in california for my sleep apnea surgery so no clue what's in the mail. I did set up direct deposit so hopefully it will be there soon. I am less than 24 hrs post op right now and feel like poop so sorry if my answers are short.

Kim , this is Wonderful News!

If you are not employed this might be the time to file for TDIU and to claim any additional disabilities you feel are due to your service (or secondary to something they have awarded SC for.)

I am so glad we could help you here at hadit.

And you have helped others too because this gives many hope for a proper award.

Betta,

I am employed right now but I don't know for how much longer. I have had to take a lot of time off of work for my VA dr appointments and im sure they are tired of it. So I was actually thinking about going and doing the vocational rehab and maybe getting into another more lucrative field one that doesn't work with the general public would be preferred.