Question

DELETED

Edited by COOL BREEZE

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What really irritates me about this whole issue that started this thread - I originally called the main VA hospital to ask for an appointment for a procedure. i was transfered to the appointment line for a surgery clinic that told me that I had to schedule an appointment with my own doctor at a satellite clinic, which I did. He referred me to the same clinic. Saturday I received a letter from the VA that said "this is not an appointment for a surgical procedure, this appointment is to discuss the case with a surgeon and develop a treatment plan.

What the heck, why did I have appointment #1 for if it is takes the same route as getting a claim decided? When I called the foot clinic a few months back to ask for an appointment with that clinic, no problem. So, maybe I should bring this 500 pages of self medical care to the clinic and ask if this is what you are going to use to develop a treatment plan to remove all these skin lesions, growth disorders, ect. If I did this myself I would have had a serious infection. Perhaps this is another way of discouraging VEtS from getting proper medical treatment by either throwing a self medical book at you, or scheduling you for unnecessary appointments that could have better used for other Vets.

I feel your pain, 'COOL BREEZE', on many levels. Of course I mean that figuratively, since I only have one foot, and since the neuropathy kicked in after chemo, I can't really feel the pain in that one anymore either. However, you know what I mean.

You are not alone in your suffering. My most positive thoughts are with you. Also, Don't you hate it when you get a ridiculous letter from the VA on a Saturday (Holiday weekend). Now you have to wait and fume until the next business day~

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Whats kinda ironic is that VA medical help is not good enough for VA Hospital staff. All their medical needs are taken care of by civilian doctors or hospitals.Must be nice!!