Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hardship Approved

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

Hello everyone, I was informed Monday that my hardship had been approved and that my claim is with a take home rater? They also said that the rater would be reviewing it tonight(6/8/2011), so what does that mean? Is this the person that will rate my claim or someone that will just review it and if they are going to rate/review it tonight how much longer will it take? Sorry for the questions I am just in a really bad spot right now and it doesn't look like it will get any better. If anymore information is needed please ask. thanks

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there cause it appears that VA will expedite your claim.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Today I was told by my case manger that my rating was completed and was forwarded to the pay section, she said she didn't know the rating yet and that I would be receiving a letter soon. If I call the 800 number will they know my rating? I am behind on allot of bills and owe money to people. I hope I get the letter soon. Soon I will not have a mailbox to check my mail. Thank god I have my rating, lets just hope it was worth the wait.

Hi,

I am curious, why you haven't filed for Social Security disability. Are you qualified? You can check online. They have a short quiz and it will tell you if you do qualify.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi,

I am curious, why you haven't filed for Social Security disability. Are you qualified? You can check online. They have a short quiz and it will tell you if you do qualify.

'Armyvet1987' indicated that one day he wanted to go back to work. 'Armyvet1987' also posts "If I get better I do not want to be just sitting around sucking money off the government for the rest of my life, I want to get a job if I can one day. Thanks!"

IU & SSDI is like a ball and chain around one's neck in a way. Even when you try to go out in the workforce to better your quality of life , feel productive & provide for your family, get taken off IU & SSDI, and because of your disability, come to the realization that you are truly too disabled to work, You have to go back thru the bureaucratic gauntlet once again.... It could cost you years of poverty just to get the benefits back.

Tough call for a young person...

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Well gee pal , what are you selling?

The vet is saying he is broke and looking for a decision to get some money.

I ask a simple question why he had not tried to collect on SSDI if he is disabled.

You know I/U and SSDi may add up to around $4000/month or more.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well gee pal , what are you selling?

The vet is saying he is broke and looking for a decision to get some money.

I ask a simple question why he had not tried to collect on SSDI if he is disabled.

You know I/U and SSDi may add up to around $4000/month or more.

You raised a very valid question, 'NSA-Saigon-ET'. I was just quoting 'Armyvet1987'.

C.B.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"