Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good News, Somewhat...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Received a call from Patient Advocate in Ft Myers and she told me that Bay Pines totally messed up the request from my Primary Care Doctor for me to see a Neurosurgeon or be approved for outpatient fee base. She said Bay Pines had no authority to make that decision because they do not have a Neurosurgeon. The request has to go to Tampa since they have a Neurosurgeon working there. She said somebody made a huge mistake. She told me that after looking at my record in the database that I have done everything asked and done more things than I should have. She said none of this was my fault. I am grateful for the Patient Advocate for this.

I told her I hope they allow the outpatient fee base because I am afraid they will want to go to Miami where my dad went. Now it is a wait and see game.

JBasser was once again correct whenever he told me that they are not allowed to deny the request if they don't have a Neurosurgeon on site. Thanks J...

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Good thing you got a working for vets Pt Advocate, as some seem to be lax...John Basser is a straight shooter(and a great bass fisherman) but seriously follow any suggestions he may present as he has been there and done that and gives fast quick honest advice too. Looks like things may be headed your way. Keep with it till you get what you want, and mostly what you need!