Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi - 46 Year Later

Rate this question

fielg

Question

During the TET OFFENSIVE (1967), My husband suffered head wounds from an RPG in three different areas: face (shrapnel still lodged), left cheek and back of head. His C&P reports dating back in the 1970s - tramatic brain injury was mentioned by examining medical attendent. He had to learn to reread, slowed mental ability, lack of concentration, emotionless... We didn't know the extent of his head injury until we received his C file or what TBI was He avoids everthing. Recently, he received 70% back to 2009 for TBI. We didn't claim it til recently but since it came up in the C&P exams, is there any way to get back pay? This was a war wound incurred in battle and just didn't pop up recently. Shouldn't C&P physicians be responsible for getting this disability. Is there anything we can do???

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

What did he file for back in the 70's and what was his rating? Were all the facts and service medical records that were known before the raters. Did he get a purple heart? He has an obvious rating for PTSD that is very possible. TBI and PTSD are distinct injuries so he could get another rating. I sure would have a lawyer look this over for an earlier effective date for TBI.

n

Two Purple Hearts

The raters had all the records that I have. Its a puzzle two BAD fraudulent C&P Exam. Vietnam hospital and medical records reflect everything. If it wouldn't have been for had it none of the Cfile would have been requested and I wouldn't have known any of this. My husband is a great guy who wants to totally avoid any of this but it is not okay.

I don't think there is anything you can do, unfortunatley. Not for back pay. But, I'm not an expert on such things.

The TBI was mentioned in the C&P but then says it cleared up? I think this would prevent VARO from considering it an infered claim. TBI was hardly understood untill recently. It's still hit and miss.