Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Care To Add Their Thoughts

Rate this question

bakerkd

Question

I have dizziness, tinnitis and balance problems and alanto-occipital pain as a result of TMJD and Musculoskeletal disorder of cervical origin. This is what the C&P examiner listed in my exam results. I have a claim in for retro-orbital Headaches, Vertigo, Bruxism and jaw pain, Cervical DDD w/radiculopathy and Cervical Dystonia. I realize that a lot of these seem to overlap symptoms. Before anyone asks, yes they are in my SMR's and this is my initial claim post retirement.

Will the dizzines/stumbling/tinnitis be rated analogous to a peripheral vestibular disorder and be secondary to TMJD? I know that there is some literature to suggest that ALL of these conditions to include the Dystonia can be caused by TMJD.

The other question I have is that the examiner listed no ROM for Mandibular Function. Isn't TMJ rated base on ROM and other symptoms secondary?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have dizziness, tinnitis and balance problems and alanto-occipital pain as a result of TMJD and Musculoskeletal disorder of cervical origin. This is what the C&P examiner listed in my exam results. I have a claim in for retro-orbital Headaches, Vertigo, Bruxism and jaw pain, Cervical DDD w/radiculopathy and Cervical Dystonia. I realize that a lot of these seem to overlap symptoms. Before anyone asks, yes they are in my SMR's and this is my initial claim post retirement.

Will the dizzines/stumbling/tinnitis be rated analogous to a peripheral vestibular disorder and be secondary to TMJD? I know that there is some literature to suggest that ALL of these conditions to include the Dystonia can be caused by TMJD.

The other question I have is that the examiner listed no ROM for Mandibular Function. Isn't TMJ rated base on ROM and other symptoms secondary?

Sorry to hear about your TMJ & related problems,'bakerkd'. Have you had any PTSD experiences?

http://www.spiritofcaring.com/public/213.cfm?sd=37

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

No PTSD

Right. Just wanted to rule PTSD out.

FYI...When you quoted me, I had posted a link to a study that has since changed(http://www.sdm.buffa...10308_ptsd.html.... Though this does not apply to you 'bakerkd', anyone looking for a link between TMJ, or teeth problems and PTSD, I have edited my "Commander Bob Posted Today, 08:04 AM", to reflect a new link... http://www.spiritofcaring.com/public/213.cfm?sd=37

Good luck with your issues,'bakerkd'. I hope you find the answers you seek.

Edited by Commander Bob

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

did you rule out whip lash? anything like that ever happen to you?

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/cervical/cervical.html

Edited by Commander Bob

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

baker,

I'm sending a shout out to someone that I feel will know

this issue and secondaries - inside and out.

bump

Edited by Commander Bob

"We few"

"We happy few"