Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Injury To Existing Condition

Rate this question

draggon_9

Question

I'm 60% compensated for degenerative facet joint disease and degenerative spondylosis of the lumbosacral junction. A month ago a heavy carpet fell on me and forced my back out of whack because I wasn't able to stop it because of my problem. Now I'm worse off and think it's permanent. Am I able to apply for increased compensation? Thanks, Bill.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Where did this happen because if VA finds out you were injured due to something outside of limitations of service connected disability they will deny and refer to the accident as workmen's compensation or something along those lines.

Where did this happen because if VA finds out you were injured due to something outside of limitations of service connected disability they will deny and refer to the accident as workmen's compensation or something along those lines.

This happened in my home. I can't work anymore and receive SSD.

I think I would file an increase stating your limitations due to your service connected disabilities caused the accident or simple increase without that statement. Don't give the Va info they can use to deny you.

I think I would file an increase stating your limitations due to your service connected disabilities caused the accident or simple increase without that statement. Don't give the Va info they can use to deny you.

Thanks for the info.