Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

From The Mail To Your C-File

Rate this question

ensignoftheunit

Question

How long does it generally take once your package arrives in the VA's P.O. Box until it's "officially recieved"? Once it hits there box, or is there a processing period until its officially linked to your C-file? My case in point is that I was out of town when my VCAA response packet came in, so when I got back I put my case together and sent it out. My deadline is July 1st for the "thirty days policy" and I recieved confirmation that my enevelop was signed for and recieved on June 27th.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is my understanding that it can take up to 3 wks to get from the mailroom to the VSC/c-file. As long as you have proof of receipt on the 27th, you're covered.

pr

How long does it generally take once your package arrives in the VA's P.O. Box until it's "officially recieved"? Once it hits there box, or is there a processing period until its officially linked to your C-file? My case in point is that I was out of town when my VCAA response packet came in, so when I got back I put my case together and sent it out. My deadline is July 1st for the "thirty days policy" and I recieved confirmation that my enevelop was signed for and recieved on June 27th.

Ensign...

I have heard some comments about just such a topic. There is no definitave answer, pretty much, to "How long will it take the VA to

...(do anything)?"

The VA takes just as long as they want to. For decades, they have offered the excuse, "Every claim is different" so we cant give a time frame....

I am SO Donnnnneeee...buying VA excuses for the backlog. This would be like if you waited an hour on your fast food order, for the manager to tell you...."Oh...you wanted FRENCH Fries...well they take longer to cook, so no wonder you waited an hour"

In some VAOIG reports, they have pointed out the VA has, at times, "faked" the dates stamped on VA claims. As far as I am concerned ZERO has been done to see to it that never happens again.

Usually I'm bitching about my RO, but on this topic, they are right on top of it. The day after they receive something from me it is posted on Ebenefits. Now nothing happens after that for months, but they do record their mail. It might be because they have been already chewed on that topic not that long ago.lol Eleven months and still stuck in stage 1. Finally found a Congress Critter to answer me and their Vet Rep is a MMA fighter and comes from a Rodeo family. So I will see if he can ride the bull as well as the government can throw the Bull.One week and counting.Funny only takes the RO 10 minutes to lie to ME!! Mike