VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Dav

Rate this question

Big Mac

Question

I received this letter in the mail today from the DAV today. Is there anything I need to accomplish on my end or do I continue to sit on my hands?

To: TRIAGE

As the accredited representative for the above referenced claimant, we are submitting the attached material in support of the pending claim for benefits administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

Entitlement to an increased rating based on individual unemployability.

Once all necessary adjudication actions have been completed, please advise the claimant and this Organization accordingly.

Edited by Big Mac

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That's a copy of the letter that went to your Regional Office. It was given to you just for your records and requires no action. The VA will send you any request for information, if needed. If they do, please be sure to submit them in a timely manner. If you're not able to hand carry all your paperwork to your DAV rep than please be sure to make copies of everything and mail them certified.

Ditto what eagle-eye just mentioned. The only thing I can add, and I'm sure eagle-eye meant to, is certified w/return receipt.

Ditto what eagle-eye just mentioned. The only thing I can add, and I'm sure eagle-eye meant to, is certified w/return receipt.

Thanks, I'm a Pat's fan also, from Connecticut.

That's a copy of the letter that went to your Regional Office. It was given to you just for your records and requires no action. The VA will send you any request for information, if needed. If they do, please be sure to submit them in a timely manner. If you're not able to hand carry all your paperwork to your DAV rep than please be sure to make copies of everything and mail them certified.

Thanks, will do.

I received this letter in the mail today from the DAV today. Is there anything I need to accomplish on my end or do I continue to sit on my hands?

To: TRIAGE

As the accredited representative for the above referenced claimant, we are submitting the attached material in support of the pending claim for benefits administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

Entitlement to an increased rating based on individual unemployability.

Once all necessary adjudication actions have been completed, please advise the claimant and this Organization accordingly.

Big Mac,

I am moving your topic to the Claims/Benefits Forum.

I have a question regarding,

" we are submitting the attached material in support of the pending claim for benefits administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

Can you tell us what specifically was the attached material ?

Some stuff will help and some stuff won't.

I would also make certain your claim number or at least some form of identification is on each page. If a page falls loose and they cannot identify which file it belongs in they have to shred it. I prefer to play it safe.

Edited by faofficer

Excellent advise!!!!!!!!

C file # on everything.

I also use the name and address stickers I get whenever I donate to DAV,MCA, etc.on each page.

But one could easily make these stickers themselves with a label program.

Before I ever mail anything to VA, I let it go for a day and then give it all a fresh look -particularly my evidence list, before I mail it (I always use USPS with a tracking slip so that I have a printout of the VA's acceptance of the packet from the USPS tracking site.

Since I worked for lawyers years ago I always call it the Exhibit List as a habit- same thing as evidence list - and mark each exhibit as A,B, C, etc and then I use colored yard sales stickers on the top of each piece of evidence with the A, B, or C and I check that there is a name and address sticker and C file # on each piece before I mail it.

I also did that for my IMOs- I did a specific exhibit list and tabbed the specific med recs or documents in the stack. An IMO doc needs everything but this makes it easier after they go through all of the files and then can focus on the claimed disability.

I realised the other day that I have probably 3 hundred manila folders -all containing 2 decades of VA related claims stuff.

Most just have a few things in them such as my Chap 35 stuff.

I sure am glad I kept it all however as I found I needed stuff from the 1980s for my last claim and current claim.

Once I get my AO decision (if it is correct) this stuff might get s--t canned.Then again I am almost afraid to throw some of it away. :blink: