Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Call From Nvlsp

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Well hopefully things are going in the right direction. I got a phone call today from the person at the NVLSP whom I had been in contact with since my decision and he sent me via e-mail the Privacy Act form to fill out so they can request my records from the VA. The e-mail stated that the VA did not make the correct on my claim and they would look into it further.

I will let everyone know what happens next,

Coachchas

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

GREAT!

Most of the AO awards are being done right but yours was certainly done wrong.

GREAT!

Most of the AO awards are being done right but yours was certainly done wrong.

[/q

Thanks Berta,

I am faxing the form back to Dean this morning. According to his e-mail, he said that it may take a few months just to get copies of my records from the VA. I am only hoping that once the VA sees that the NVLSP is involved in my claim things will get dont a little quicker. I am wondering about the time frame now....

Thnaks Coachchas

I was so poed that the VA didnt put me on the NVLSP list, that I mentioned my contacts with NVLSP in subsequent responses to them.I even enclosed copy of one email from Alison, the NVLSP lawyer who handled my stuff there.

Although my AO claim was filed a year ago tomorrow- they sent it to wrong VARO, then lost it, etc etc so I really dont know if this will speed up your proper decision (but I kind of think it will)

They screwed up your claim royally.The rater can potentially be sanctioned by NVLSP so maybe NVLSP's attention with get a thumb out of their rear end.

This could even be fixed in a heartbeat.At the RO level.If someone there can read.

Agent Orange has been the most important veteran's issue of my life.

It hurts and angers me that you are forced to wait for what is yours because of what appears to me to be downright VA incompetence.

My daughter got a ridiculous Chap 35 decision years ago after she left the Mil. She was mad but she said it looked and sounded so official that she almost thought at first maybe somehow they were right.

When she read the letter to me over the phone I went ballistic.I prepared a NOD for her and attached the regs and sent it to her to sign and send to VA Educational Dept ( sometimes an oxymoron)

In three weeks they sent her the proper award letter.

I think many claimants believe whatever they get from the VA and never challenge some of it.

I never believe anything I get unless it is good.

Edited by Berta

The timeframe that I have experienced with NVLSP has moved along. I spoke with them in January and about a month later I got a letter from the VA about a claim that I filed. Per IRIS it turns out, it was not a claim. It was about NVLSP requesting the file and stated the C-file was being sent soon to the lawyers. Last contact in June, I was told that a complaint might be filed by the end of June. I still look for it to take time before getting a decision. Since you are the veteran, yours may move even faster. Very grateful and happy with NVLSP. Good luck for a speedy decision.

." Last contact in June, I was told that a complaint might be filed by the end of June. "

Did NVLSP say that?

They might mean sanctions if the claim was buggered from the git go.I bet they are seeing some doozies.I hope they have read my award letter of last year.It contained so any errors that I Nodded it.

I have dealt with NVLSP since 1991. They never handled my claims- it was primarily for advocacy but their AO lawyer responded to my emails regarding my AO claim and I expect a proper award since they have all the info as well as the VA.

I filed last August but 2 months ago I finally got the VA letter they should have sent to me sooner as to being a potential Nehmer class action member.

VA never put me on the Nehmer list that NVLSP wanted but I am on it now. NVLSP thanks me for reminding here from time to time of their email contact info for any vet or widow with a potential Nehmer claim.

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VABeginsReview.htm

." Last contact in June, I was told that a complaint might be filed by the end of June. "

Did NVLSP say that?

Yes,Berta that is what I was told by NVLSP.

Susan