Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Call From Nvlsp

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Well hopefully things are going in the right direction. I got a phone call today from the person at the NVLSP whom I had been in contact with since my decision and he sent me via e-mail the Privacy Act form to fill out so they can request my records from the VA. The e-mail stated that the VA did not make the correct on my claim and they would look into it further.

I will let everyone know what happens next,

Coachchas

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yippee!

I felt as soon as the new AO regs came out that maybe with NVLSP involved in the claims, the VA would have to have some accountability over some of their errors.

I jumped for joy when I read the Nehmer Training letter as to the part about sanctions.

But I really don't have a clue as to how these sanctions will be determined or the penalty for them.

In the late 1990s NVLSP found that VAROs had made millions of dollars of errors in adjudicating AO claims wrong.

I think the retro involved about 80 thousand AO veterans that VA had to pay.

You would think that would have made VA cautious on any type of claim but they continue to make some major errors and I think many errors are a deliberate attempt to save money or stave off comp.

The other day read over my award letter from last year.The errors in the first paragraph are AWFUL!

If I was a widow who didn't have a clue or who had a rep who didnt know anything, right in the first paragraph of my award they tried to screw me out of all of my ancillary benefits!

I by passed the RO for most of those benefits (by dealing directly with VA Edu, the OGC, and the REPS people).

It was close to a 6 figure total ancillary award.

I cant wait for NVLSP to see that letter (they probably did already)and that letter shows how stupid some of these people at the VARO really are ( or they are smart enough to try to save VA money in any way they can hopeing we dont challenge the crap they pull)