Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Full Time Then 1/2 Time Partway Through Semester. Sustenance Rate?

Rate this question

disasta

Question

Hello All.

Ok I have a question. My current semester runs from 9/1 to 12/23 and I am taking 4 classes, 1 is an accelerated 10 week course, 2 are normal 3 credit hour classes and one is a lab worth 1 credit hour.

From what my school has emailed me the number of credit hours multiplied by 18 (a constant) divided by the number of weeks in the term equals the number of ECH's. Generally, accelerated online courses are considered 10 week courses: (3x18/10 = 5.4 ECH + 7 credits from your full length courses(2 3 credit courses and a 1 credit hour course) = 12.1. Now 12 credit hours is full time so will I be paid the full time rate for the 10 weeks that I will be a 'full time' student and then paid 1/2 time for the last portion where I am a 1/2 time student or do they just average it out?

Thanks for the help.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Your school has a Veterans Office they can help you.

The schools veterans office is the one who actually responded to me and told me how the va determined 1/4 1/2 3/4 and full time. I am just unsure if they split the sustenance payment up so I would be full time for part of the way or if they would just average it out and make it 3/4 time for the entire semester.