Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nsc Pension Vs Sc Compensation

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

Got a question....Just had to give up my job due to my inability to understand people on the phone and also absolutely cannot understand asian or latins. Anyway I am currently rated 10% for tinitus and 0% for hearing loss. I know you cannot collect NSC and SC comp together. My question is... Are you still covered for any medical issues related to the SC conditions as in my case hearing aids? I can collect more from the NSC side than the SC side. Also, if down the road you get SC'd for a larger amount do they automaticly stop one and restart the other. I am over 65 so I qualify for the NSC pension.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

Got a question....Just had to give up my job due to my inability to understand people on the phone and also absolutely cannot understand asian or latins. Anyway I am currently rated 10% for tinitus and 0% for hearing loss. I know you cannot collect NSC and SC comp together. My question is... Are you still covered for any medical issues related to the SC conditions as in my case hearing aids? I can collect more from the NSC side than the SC side. Also, if down the road you get SC'd for a larger amount do they automaticly stop one and restart the other. I am over 65 so I qualify for the NSC pension.

Boomer

The VA will pay you the GREATER of NSC Pension or Compensation, if you are eligible for both. I also agree that social security will "offset" your pension. Example, if you get 500 per month social security and if your pension was 1100 per month, you would get 500 social security and 600 from the VA for pension. In other words the "pension" amount is the minimum you should earn from all sources.

However, if your social security is 1500 per month, and you are eligible for 30% SC and Pension, then you would collect 1500 from social security and 30% from the VA. The"greater", in this case, would be the 30 percent since your pension would be offset by social security.