Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P Exam

Rate this question

usmc1979

Question

Hello,

This q is for a friend, He has no computer or computer skills.

He filled a cliam in march this year, it just went from development stage to decision. So after 6 months hes happy its moving foward, The problem is he has not had a c and p exam yet? And is worried about this. Is this bad news?

Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Well, a VA examination is not absolutely required if the medical evidence accompanying the claim is adequate for ratingpurposes per 38 CFR 3.326(a) http://www.benefits....ART3/S3_326.DOC . However, I have seen few claims that did not need a CP&E. Without knowing specifically what the claim is for, that is, the claimed disability and what medical evidence was provided, it's difficult to say whether a CP&E would be helpful.

On the negative side, why would I waste a CP&E slot if there was no way that I could grant the claim? The classic example is when a troop makes an AO related claim but there is no record that the troop was ever in Vietnam; there was no evidence that the troop was otherwise exposed to one of the listed herbicides; there was no evidence that I could grant on a direct basis; and, there was no evidence that I could grant based on the 'normal' presumptive basis. So, if I wouldn't be able to grant, why waste an exam slot?

Finally, I wouldn't necessarily take as gospel everything I read on eBenefits. Just sayin' ...

Hello,

This q is for a friend, He has no computer or computer skills.

He filled a cliam in march this year, it just went from development stage to decision. So after 6 months hes happy its moving foward, The problem is he has not had a c and p exam yet? And is worried about this. Is this bad news?

Thanks

Interested

causalobserver8@aol.com

• HadIt.com Elder

My experience is no C&P no rating or a denial. They can still require a C&P and I would consider that moving along. The only exception is for someone who just separated.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

A C&P exam is not done in advance for a Prestabablization rating. There are all kinds of factors that effect whether or not an exam is done. Need more information.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V