VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brain Fog/fibro Fog In Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Rate this question

BFR

Question

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/symptoms/a/brainfog.htm

Brain fog (also called fibro fog or cognitive dysfunction) is one of the most common complaints of people with fibromyalgia (FMS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS or ME/CFS). For many, it can be severe and can have just as big an impact on their lives as pain or fatigue. In fact, some people say brain fog is more of a disability than their physical symptoms. [more at the link above]

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

This is very true. To have the feeling that my brain is in slow mode, to have my speech slowed and forgetting words and peoples names is terribly frustrating. It just compounds my depression too.

It really adds insult to injury to have my mental abilities deteriorating at the same time my body is breaking down.

I sure hope Dr. Haley is right and the research brings some definitive answers soon.

This is very interesting. I have, only in the several years, begun to notice this also. The first thing I noticed was that when I would an email or something that I was leaving words out. I have also started fowling up spoken words or merely just not being able to get the word out. Kind of like my brain has a word to say but I dont know what it is. Lots more short term memory type stuff as well.

The only time I find this "fibrofog" to be an issue is with trivial or inconsequential matters and things of my past, like having amnesia on everything before 1990 (when I first joined the US Army MP Corp (Abn)).

Otherwise me memory is pretty good; but maybe that is perhaps because I read a lot, do a lot of writing, research and write NODs and appeals for other veterans, do background investigations, and lots more....basically I stay mentally engaged.

Some say that if people read more or did mental activities, it helps with memory and staves off Alzheimers.

A little food for thought...