VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Final Decision On 2 Year Claim!

Rate this question

chrisbal

Question

I just received my decision today and for the most part was good. I went from 50% to 70% with a twist. I was rated 20 percent for TMJ and 10 percent for a scar related to the TMJ. I also filed for an increase for my hearing loss which was currently 10% and the VA came back with "Evaluation of bilateral hearing loss, which is currently 10 percent disabling, is proposed to be decreased to 0 percent. <br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">Then later it says "Continued entitlement to bilateral hearing loss currently evaluated as 10 percent disabling is proposed to be reduced to 0 percent. If the evaluation is reduced, the combined evaluation will reduce from 70 percent to 60 percent".<br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">I'm confused what the word proposed means in this situation. Does my claim go to another board to see if it is going to be reduced? This claim is almost 2 years old and I know my hearing has not gotten any better. My hearing is horrible and my family knows this and the hearing aids don't help that much. <br style="min-width: 0px; "><br style="min-width: 0px; ">I completely disagree with the hearing loss portion of their decision, what do I need to file or do? Also, from what it sounds like is that I will continue to receive 70 percent until they make a decision, is this correct?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question