VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Willful Misconduct And Ptsd

Rate this question

GOVERNOR

Question

Hello;

Could a previous Service Connected Rating for PTSD act as an excuse (or exclusion) for a finding of Willful Misconduct when filing subsequent Disability Claims...ie. case of Simple Assault (by Mutual Consent) while on Active Duty - for resultant injuries such as Concussion, Headaches, etc?

Thank You.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You are saying you got injured in a fight and you want to claim SC for the injuries? If the injuries were due to willful misconduct according to the military you would have to appeal that finding I think, but I don't know for sure. The best way to find out is to file a claim for those injuries. See what happens. If the injuries are in your medical records then I would file on them. Did you get an honorable discharge?f Others may have a different opinion. The willful misconduct was the fight. The injuries resulting may still be service connected. I don't think having PTSD will get you off the hook for anything in the military.