Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still No News

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Still no news on my appealed claim that was remanded to the AMC. All I know that a decision was made on 9/15/2011. According to e-benefits my claims folder was sent back to the VA medical here in Philly. It also states on e-benefits, when I go under appealed claims that I have no appealed claims. When I called the 800 number they also told me that a decision was made on my claim and it is back in the Philly RO. They told me I should have received or will receive a notification letter soon.... that was 3 weeks ago. They are really slow. but I hope that they made the right decision on my claim which was originnaly filed in 1994 and 1995 for my IHD.

Coachchas

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

//How long have you been waiting for your letter??? It is such a disgrace.. I talk to some people and they tell me oh I only waited 1 year. I know that the remand took long, but with the VA admitting that my IHD was service connected I thought it would be a couple of months. I happened to stop in the RO here in Philly on 9/16/2011, for other VA business the day after my claim was rated at the BVA. I noticed that my DAV person was there and I talked to him. He look my claim up and mention that it had just gotten to the Philly office. I think that they all say they same thing. He looked on his computer but did not give me much information. He said something about 60%, but then I mention SMC and he said well we may have to send in additional paperwork. Why couldn't he just tell me what the paperwork said. It is so frustrating when you deal with the VA even the DAV. The only persons who take my calls are Bruce from the AMC and Dean at the NVLSP. Everyone else thinks they are doing you a favor.

So Sorry Coachchas-YES I remembered you posted this stuff here some time ago-sorry I asked again- I have a lot going on in my life.

"I don't know where to look fo rthe information that you want me look at about loopholes"

I hope Chuck replies-I know what he means but often the loopholes are found in the C & P or in the SOC.

I dont think you should worry about that at all.

"I do know one thing, if I do not receive what I deserve. I will be right on the phone with Dean at the NVLSP." Just remember that NVLSP's main concern is the proper EED.If they make a wrong rating, we have to appeal that, or ask for reconsideration or tell them to go CUE themselves.

I am prepared to do all three if needed and anything else I can think of (maybe even go to the press this time) and/or give testimony to the H VAC again. There should not be a lot of erros in these claims ut as NVLSP said recently- tere have been EED errors in Footnote One Neher claims.

http://www.va.gov/

Go to this main page for the VA and then to the site index at the bottom of this page and then to Disability Compensation and then to Historic rate charts.

The dates of the rates are listed as of Dec but applicable to the following year.

In other words say they give 100% comp rating for 1V-1S-1C in Dec 2000,it means this is the amount of comp beginning in January 2001.

My benefits states the same thing. My claim was remanded to the AMC and a decision was made back in July. The decision stated that my IHD was service connected, but they granted 0% until they received more information from my doctor and also a VA form for heart diease. I just hope that they get it right this time. The AMC, DAV, and NVLSP received all of my paperwork. I did not want to leave anything out. According to IRIS they stated that once it is received in the Appeals unit all paperwork will be completed. Who knows it is anyones guess.

Coachchas

PKelly

In a similar way, my ebenefits indicates a decision was mailed, as shown below. In my case, I think it means that my case was remanded, or would not have been "returned to the VAMC". I have also received no decision. There was a case, about a year ago that made the RO practice of requiring special signatures for a large retro illegal. (Yea...I know...the VA is "real worried" about compliance with the law...they think they are the law)

I would not say my claims potential for a retro is "large", but it is "large TO ME". By VA standards, they delay claims for 10 years often enough to have special procedures when they do. What does that tell you? To me, it says the VA is delaying claims more than a decade far, far too often.

You would think it would be a rare event, indeed that claims are delayed more than 10 years. Not so.

Details about your BVA Appeal received on no date

• Power of Attorney: D - DAV
  • Current Progress: Decision & Claims File Dispatch
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.