VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Process?

Rate this question

Tower_Rat

Question

Anyone know how long it usually takes a claims center to recieve records from another records holding area. IE another state. They say they have to wait to get the records from the other state before they can do anything with my claim. I thought they had prescedence and that they just fax them over or just look at them and email them or something. Seems like it wouldnt take long for records to get from one to the other since its in house stuff. They told me their just like everyone else that they have to wait due to the paperwork and it could take up to 2 months for them.

My claim is strong, and i wondered if they were just waiting to ok it during october which is the new year for the government (october fiscal year) which is when they get congressional money to pay for claims right? That is what my va rep has told me also.

Tower Rat

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Anyone know how long it usually takes a claims center to recieve records from another records holding area. IE another state. They say they have to wait to get the records from the other state before they can do anything with my claim. I thought they had prescedence and that they just fax them over or just look at them and email them or something. Seems like it wouldnt take long for records to get from one to the other since its in house stuff. They told me their just like everyone else that they have to wait due to the paperwork and it could take up to 2 months for them.

My claim is strong, and i wondered if they were just waiting to ok it during october which is the new year for the government (october fiscal year) which is when they get congressional money to pay for claims right? That is what my va rep has told me also.

Tower Rat

Sorry i posted twice

My connection was bad

• HadIt.com Elder

Tower Rat

There is no time frame as far as I know. Any time the VA handles claim files any thing can happen. I would just stay on their butts and make inquries every few weeks. Claim files are still mostly on paper and the files are stored in warehouese. When you file is physically moved from one location to another just condsider who is doing the moving.