VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim Question

Rate this question

Clayton0417

Question

Hello all,

I having been visiting this forum for the past few months, but this is the first time I have posted. I received this email today in response to an inquiry that I made, and would like to know what you all think.

Your case was rated on 6/29/2006. It is in the area that inputs the rating results into the computer. The rating decision has not been posted in the computer yet. Once the computer is updated with the rating decision, the case goes to another person that reviews the case and authorizes it. Then, you will be mailed a letter advising you of the decision.

[CRAVEY, DANIEL, VBAATLD]

I do have a VSO, but I never hear from him unless I call him. Right now he's been on vacation since July 3rd. Before he left, he told me on June 30 that my claim had been rated (he didn't know the decision) and that I would have to wait two weeks for the letter. I called the 800 # yesterday and was told that it was still pending. Do I have much longer to wait?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

every VARO is different they issued my decision on Apr 3 2006 and I got it in the mail on 6 April this is out of Columbia SC VARO, I would think you would have it soon

every VARO is different they issued my decision on Apr 3 2006 and I got it in the mail on 6 April this is out of Columbia SC VARO, I would think you would have it soon

Wow! My cousin got out of the military in Columbia and stayed there. He told me that the usually process claims pretty quickly. He said I should've come back home (i'm from SC) and filed my claim instead of doing it in GA. I guess I should've listened. I'm at the 1 year mark since I filed. Thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your claim is with what is called the "Post Determination Team" at your regional office. Generally, once a claim has been rated by a Rating Veteran Service Representive (RVSR), it goes to the Post Determination Team where the rating gets promuligated, and normally doesn't take very long after that for you to receive the decision. I would give it another 2-3 weeks unless your decision involves a retro over $25,000.00, then it could take a little longer because then your decision requires a third signature. Hope this helps!

Vike 17

• HadIt.com Elder

Its soon if you compare it to the wait before the decision was made. Fla Viking is probably on the money with his answer. Good Luck and you may want to consider an appeal if they short you.

They authorized my claim in January , 3 signatures, and then they denied it-

Authorization used to be the key magic word-now Finance is-

I would call them once a week to see what is what.

Do you have a vet rep? They might find out something soon too.