Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is An Administrative Review

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hey I got a question I am in a bind and trying to figure out where my claim is and where it will lead? I have a complex claim. I am SC for DDD of lower spine from a SC back injury. I had a lumbar fusion in May of 2010. I put in for Tempoary 100% based on the surgery which was documented service connected and I am still waiting on the claim after over a year my medical issues in the administrative review are all thrown in various dates back to when I made a claim and the VA appears to have just used the original claim date like a parking spot for all of my other claims. I have Aid and attendance, Mood disorder to include depression secondary to my SC Back P&T diability and several other claim issue which are the original claims that go back to 09. I have had 3 back surgeries prior to this one all for my SC back but at the time I was not SC for it. Any ideas or thoughts please let me know. I have noother issues for the claim for any C/P exams all are done as of September the VA said they do not need any more C/P exams.

I had my claim bounce around fom phase 1 devolpmental phase to the next phase and then back to phase 1 when the VA realized that I needed another C/P exam so I went and had the C/P exam. I am trying to get the claims done so that when I move overseas I will not have to come back or if possible at least get the claim I have completed. Any ideas? I have 2 other claims going on and no idea how long they will take one claim is a remand from BVA that is still in the process of going through the claims process at the state level

I also have a claim that I asked for a DRO hearing at my VARO I wanted the DRO to look at my claim which I appealed and I figured if I had a hearing to make sure everything I had submited on the claim for IU for my back operation that I had all of the information/ Documents and statements from my surgeon stating that my SC back that I had the 3 level lumbar fusion on is in fact the reason I am unable to hold or maintain a job.

My back is eat up with arthritis which is listed in the notes as secondary to my SC back and I have been left with a quality of life I never thought I would have at my young age. It sucks to have to ask or depend on others to do normal stuff like tying my shoes or showering I have to have help every stinking day. I know I am off target with my original question but I am just frustrated. Adios and thanks I am trying to get moving here soon before the really cold weather gets here I can afford to have someone with me overseas here I wind up spending way too much money on paying others to come in and help. Again thanks and have a good day.

Edited by oldman273

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA grabs a few claims to review the quality of the work done by VARO. It usually does not change anything unless they find a big error. Although it can delay you final decision I suspect this helps more Vets than it hurts except for the wait of course.