Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This Typical Va?

Rate this question

OIF VET 844

Question

Received notice today that I'm back to the decision phase after being at the rating board since 10/20/10, got VCAA notice in the mail and along with the notice is VA requesting more documents they already have the documents their requesting now and according to my ebenefits account they have receieved all the documents last year at the start of my claim 5/6/10.(STR,DD 214,etc) should I send in these documents again or should I just send in the VCAA letter. Is this going to slow up my claim? what exactly is going on this is crazy

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Received notice today that I'm back to the decision phase after being at the rating board since 10/20/10, got VCAA notice in the mail and along with the notice is VA requesting more documents they already have the documents their requesting now and according to my ebenefits account they have receieved all the documents last year at the start of my claim 5/6/10.(STR,DD 214,etc) should I send in these documents again or should I just send in the VCAA letter. Is this going to slow up my claim? what exactly is going on this is crazy

Yes, it's crazy, no doubt about it! The VA has a proven historical record of losing documents accidently and on purpose! IMO, send both: the documents they have requested AND a copy of the ebenfits screen that shows they were already submitted. CYA.!

Your claim is still fairly new, so to speak, and the dates you indicate seem to be normal processing times. ~Wings

Edited by Wings

Hey thanks Wings I really do appreciate your support and advice in dealing with this claim process!!

Yes, it's crazy, no doubt about it! The VA has a proven historical record of losing documents accidently and on purpose! IMO, send both: the documents they have requested AND a copy of the ebenfits screen that shows they were already submitted. CYA.!

Your claim is still fairly new, so to speak, and the dates you indicate seem to be normal processing times. ~Wings

<br />Received notice today that I'm back to the decision phase after being at the rating board since 10/20/10, got VCAA notice in the mail and along with the notice is VA requesting more documents they already have the documents their requesting now and according to my ebenefits account they have receieved all the documents last year at the start of my claim 5/6/10.(STR,DD 214,etc) should I send in these documents again or should I just send in the VCAA letter. Is this going to slow up my claim? what exactly is going on this is crazy<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Each claimed issue will be answered with a letter, most of the text is canned. Maybe one of your claimed conditions was omitted in the previous letter. If you have nothing further to send, sign the VCAA notice response and mail it back. Hang in there.

the same thing happened to me. I sent an IRIS requesing they verify they had the documents they were requesting. They responded that they had the records they were requesting. Now I wait.

Yea R dawg I was just stuck for a minute wondering if i should send in the information again, but then starting thinking that it wouldn't hurt it SHOULD help in a way so I took everything they were requesting and called the 1800 # and asked if they can go into the system and note to my regional office that everything is in and ready to continue on with the process...So no we all wait!! Dont Give Up Stay On Em!

the same thing happened to me. I sent an IRIS requesing they verify they had the documents they were requesting. They responded that they had the records they were requesting. Now I wait.