Rate this question

OIF VET 844

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Did you apply for IU? If so it my be a part if that claim to see if you can be retrained into a new job field.

Received notice in the mail saying that I have an Vocational Rehab appointment 11/15/11, but my claim is still pending. What's this about? I thought have to be service connected for anything voc-rehab...please chime in!!

Yes, I applied for IU back in May 2010 with my intial claim. I have been at the rating board since October of last year and just went back to the development stage about a month ago, received VCAA notice along with the request of more documents, signed the notice and got all the documents they were requesting hand carried everytthing to the RO got TIMESTAMPED and my copies. About a week later received letter from Voc Rehab with an scheduled appointment!..? Appt is tommorrow

Edited by OIF VET 844

• HadIt.com Elder

if Voc Rehab determines that you are NOT trainable into any career field due to your medical conditions that will do two things it will support your claim for IU and it opens the door to the ILP so they can help your quality of life better in dealing with daily life there are many things the ILP program can do to aid you and anyone that wants into ILP has to go thru Voc Rehab to get there