Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

At Rating Board, Moving From Desk To Desk?

Rate this question

Nathan104

Question

My claim has been at the Rating board in Little Rock for almost 3 months now. Ive been calling every week for updates. Called yesterday to check in and make sure(yet again) that it wasn't being held up for any reason. He told me that it was not held for any reason and it showed activity just a few days before. I asked him what type of activity and he said "well thats odd, it shows that it has moved from one desk to another." He said he had no idea why it would have moved from one desk to another at the rating board.

I'm just curious if anyone might have an idea why that might have happened. Seems like if it was something normal he wouldnt have said what he did. Thanks for any info.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Moving from one desk to another show signs of activity. The salient point here is that your claim is 90 days old. To be frank it will probably be a while before you egt an answer. Have you had a C&P or are you recently discharged.

If you were disharged less than a year ago it will move very fast for the VA.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I was discharged last December. Had my C&P's in January, added a claim and had a C&P added back in March I believe it was.

I was just curious as why why it would move like that if its not something that usually happens accoding to the rep I spoke with. Hopefully it just means its almost done.

Ive been waiting to sign up with th VA insurance until after I get a rating so I dont have to do the asset verification stuff. My meds are running out so it looks like Ill have to do something soon.

Welcome to the VA Maze! Filed my claim back in Mar05 and my claim has been at the rating boards since Oct 05. Recently they stated "due to backlog of claims" my claim was transferred to another regional officer to be rated. So........16 months so far and now I'm told for the 5th time I should receive a decision in 30 to 60 days. It's all Dejavu, you'll get used to it. If what the VA told me actually holds true, it would take 18 months for a decision. I won't hold my breath and I don't recommend you do either.

• Founder

i have an nod in to the dro and it hasn't even been looked at yet submitted jan 06 they said probably be next year before it gets looked at. ah well wait wait wait

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Yep as a lot of us can attest to the VA starts out very slow on your claim.......and then it tapers off to a standstill!!!! I'd bet those of us that are close to a decision now won't get one until the new fiscal year beginning in October. That is why they keep shuffling the claims around once they are at the rating boards. As Pete said, it shows activity on the computer screen but in essence the claims are like a rubber ball.......bouncy, bouncy. I like the part where they told me "After their review (rating board) of my claim it was transferred to another regional office due to heavy backlog of claims and I should receive a decision withing 60 days."

Of course I have PTSD and a Cognitive Disorder along with Post Traumatic Encephalopathy but I would reason if they had the time to review the claim, then they had time to rate it as I would think it takes the same amount of time. I even gave them the diagnostic codes out the CFR 38 and actually sent them copies of the pertinent DC, along with C&P, along with the percentage according to the CFR. I also sent the BVA and CAVC decisions identical to my conditions. All lined up, highlighted paragraphs, and separated by each separate condition along with pertinent C-File pervious exams and diagnosis.

TO NO AVAIL. I kept it short and to the point along with references and IMOs for each. I don't know how they get away with reporting that they are now completing claims in 292 days........BULL I SAY and I can of course prove it.

It makes one wonder just what in the hell do all those people in the regional offices do? Other than just move a file from one desk to the next of course? I haven't seen more than a handfull of claims decisions on this board, so what in the hell are they really doing?

Guest jangrin

Nathan,

Welcome to the waiting game. My husband filed his first claims in February of this year. They havn't even sent him a notice for even one C&P exam. He has applied for vietnam agent orange DMII, heart condition and other stuff. Hey, they thought he had a heart attack when he was at the VA on the treadmill. So they sent him to the VA hospital. I thought they would put a rush on things cuz he was really ill.

Now I have figured out they are probably hoping his dies, thats one less rating to do,lol

Hey, hang in there it takes time and if you don't like the outcome you can always appeal their decision. The people here at hadit, will help you. If I were you I would go ahead and take care of all the insurance and other stuff, don't wait on the VA.

Thank you for your service,

Jangrin :(