Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Finished My C&p Exams Last Week

Rate this question

hulamatt

Question

My main claim is for paranoid schizophrenia, the psych told me not to expect much, as i was in a good mood when i saw him, but when i went in to see the internal medicine doctor a couple days later i could not reconginze him, he said he saw me before, and i believe him, i just couldnt recognize him. He asked why i was seeing him again and i said i did not know, (i had not claimed anything that internal medicine would be involved with) then he said he knew and that it was because of my employability. I just happened to be having a really bad day, almost to the point of psychosis when i saw him, he took a look at me noted that i was working and said that even though i was working(first week) that he would have to make the determination if i could work. He looked over my file and said that he can't believe what the army did to me that they just left me out to hang no med board nothing, just let me go, he said that he cant believe they did this to me and that i was not given a different discharge. The meeting ended with im telling me that he would put down that i cannot work and said that the VA is not the Army and that they would take care of me for the rest of my life because treatment is what i needed, and he said that he would put that the army caused this. I am not to sure how this is going to turn out but what he said to me made me feel so much better, he gave me a hug at the end of the exam and said that everything is going to be alright. I hope he has weight because my psych exam didnt ask much about my symptoms, and job and what not. didnt even get asked about voices hallucinations. i just feel that the VA is so good for me and to be with other veterans, i just want to be seen by the VA hopefully this works out well, i dont want to appeal but if you have been taken advantage of and the evidence is there the VA will notice. This doc was at the North chicago VAMC, the RO is chicago, i pray that you all get a doc as good as him, the acknoweledgement from him was worth the two year wait even if i dont win my claim, but i pray i do

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question