VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Reginal Office

Rate this question

ammodad

Question

hello once again and merry christmas and happy new year. I recieved a letter from appeals office saying that 30 days from the date of the letter i would be hearing about my claim and that they should be done withthe remanded portion of it b then this was sent out on the 16 of nov so i am assuming that were counting from that day. not happening i call the regional office to get follow up info thisis on the 16th or a day or two after they tell me they cant see that in the computer and that the 30 days didnt mean just that they meant around 30 days. and why is it that when i call for status on my claim i get several diff versions of whats actually going on. i was told by one of them there that the remanded portion of my claim was sent tot he rating board along with the previous awarded portion but not my than a day or two later they dont know what i am talking about my letter that iu recieved said that my file had been returned to the local regional office for rating , how is it that its there one day and not the next, would just like to get a straight answer from them when they are not being secretive or missleading, i mean i have gotten to the point to where i refuse to call them . rather than them saying "dude i see your claim but i am gonna tell you some random crap just to pass some time,or i am just waiting on my lunch break call back when its ten minutes to 4pm and we are fighting to leave the building .

now the last thing they told me was "i know the letter says 30 days but i dont work in the rating board and i am certian they didnt really mean that so, what say we look around 3 to 4 months its taking that long for them to get anything done so have i answered all of your questions ?"

Edited by ammodad

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Founder

I know how frustrated you must feel, most of us do. It's a crazy making process. It's unfair and it truly does suck, but this is the system we are stuck with. 30 days doesn't mean 30 days, 3 - 4 months doesn't mean anything. You call the 800 number and they say yes they have the information you submitted, you call them again and no they haven't. One person tells you this is in the computer the next person says they don't see it.

Then there is E-Benefits which may or may not be helpful to check. I wish I could tell you call this number and they will give you good hard actionable information, but there isn't one I know of.

Hang in brother, I know that sounds like crap to you right now, but it's the way it is, you must hang in there and wait, do what you can to alleviate the stress of waiting if possible and hurry up and wait, like I said it ain't fair, it just is what it is.

Ammodad,

I feel your pain. I got home yesterday to find a large envelope from the VA. I open it and find that all 3 issues I had at the DRO level were denied. I'm still trying to translate what they are saying into plain english and common sense, but I have a feeling I will never get there. The message this sends to me is that it was on some DRO's desk and s/he decided to get it off of their desk by the end of the year. The most frustrating system I have ever encountered!!! Looks like more appeals to add to my others. Our only saving grace is that we will prevail once we get to the BVA. Then the back pay will come in handy. Hopefully, we won't lose our houses and cars and our families won't go hungry waiting while some GS 11 or 12 rating spec and DRO enjoys their end of year bonus!

Sorry for the negativity, but the VA has increased my depression level the last couple of days. Hang in there and we'll all get through this with the help of the wonderful and kowledgable folks here on hadit!

I know how frustrated you must feel, most of us do. It's a crazy making process. It's unfair and it truly does suck, but this is the system we are stuck with. 30 days doesn't mean 30 days, 3 - 4 months doesn't mean anything. You call the 800 number and they say yes they have the information you submitted, you call them again and no they haven't. One person tells you this is in the computer the next person says they don't see it.

Then there is E-Benefits which may or may not be helpful to check. I wish I could tell you call this number and they will give you good hard actionable information, but there isn't one I know of.

Hang in brother, I know that sounds like crap to you right now, but it's the way it is, you must hang in there and wait, do what you can to alleviate the stress of waiting if possible and hurry up and wait, like I said it ain't fair, it just is what it is.

thank you brother, means allot

Hello brother’s again.

well all is still well and i am still here. spoke to va regional office and they tell me that as we discussed or agreed on their 30 days isn’t the same as ours and their enquiries aren’t the same as ours, I placed a n enquire for info as to why I hadn’t heard anything from the 30 day deal and that was on or about the 8th or 9th was told then sir it should take about 5 days and you should hear something. but don’t hold your breath ok I took them for their word I guess like Google says when you do a wild search I am feeling lucky ... so I went along with it I called today just for kicks and the guy there named Dave told me (Mr. Livingston from my experience with this type thing they aren’t going to respond to your enquiries) lol,, I said na, no fooling,? I didn’t think they would but thanks for being honest he said with it being an appeal they are so far behind and they have so many enquiries they just can’t do it go figure ...

why is it they can’t say what it is they mean or what it is they are trying to say, how hard is it to say I haven’t got a clue or they told me to drag your claim out as long as I can or they forbid me from saying anything that may or may not be of help or interest to you …

Or I like the Jedi mind tricks they play, did I say that. We didn’t mean to say that. How about you tell me what you thought, I thought you thought I thought?????????????

All of it means hurry up and wait ….

Have a blessed day, and if we all stand as one there aren’t any of us standing alone …