• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Retro!

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I just received an IRIS letter stating this-

Dear Mr. Cool Breeze-

Thank you for your inquiry of December 08, 2011.

A review of your records shows that you received a Notification Letter on November 28, 2011. A retroactive payment on December 1, 2011 for $528.00 and a regular payment of $941.00 was received on the same day. The two payments received on December 1, 2011 totaled $1,469.00 and your payment on December 30, 2011 was for $1,479.00. No other retro payments are to be received.

If you have further questions, you may call our toll free number of 800-827-1000 and speak to one of our representatives. You may also write to the Phoenix VA Regional Office, 3333 North Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012, or send us an electronic inquiry through the Internet at https://iris.va.gov.

What the heck? I thought I was waiting for the military retirement to finish there audit, so the VA can pay me 2 years of retro. This is definitely going to my Congressman's office that they are cheating me-this is a Cue claim. How do I go about suing the VA for emotional distress. I am having severe chest pains from this-I'll see what Peggy has to say-someone owes me big time!!

I am not putting up with this *****.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My claim now shows closed-Claim Received: 01/19/2012

Claim Type: Retired Pay Adjustment

Appeal is Possible

Decision Notification Sent

Update- I just called Peggy this morning. They told me to disregard all the lingo from what I see on ebenifits. He says I have a pending payment(he mentioned my bank) for the same amount dpas told me. He said it the financial dept has it pending-should be any day now. Well, if that is true, which I am now having good thought, I can finally get my water leaks fix(all new plumbing in the back yard), pay the Irs, ect. I think the VA sends these out on either thursday's, or friday's.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

That might just be a routine remark. I added a date of birth to a dependent. It said no documents were required, then, the next day, i had a claim opened - freaked me out. A few days later it was "resolved" and said "appeal possible". I thought the same thing - what the hell would i be appealing? I think it's just part of their tracking system. Means more to va than to you. I hope. Hopefully youre at the bank right now....

-mike

I also noticed on my decision letter from the va where they show the pay adjustments over the years, it says "retired pay witheld". I thought the same thing - what does this have to do with retirement pay? Maybe it means "retired; pay witheld"

Maybe im going over the edge too...

I just spoke to knucklehead "Peggy" unbelievable!! My percentage was increased to 100%, so naturally I would like to have (and desperately need) the retro pay. I was told that my pay would be audited (which I already knew through this and other forums). If I am awarded retro pay (if?!!) then it is returned to the VA which will open another claim for them to process the pay. Really, what kind of system is that? I am so frustrated (like MANY others) that I cannot continue this post in fear that I will type a slew of words that should not be put in print.

Vented, and will be for the next few hours, days and weeks,

Donna

Mike,

I am ashamed to say it was only last week, which I know is too soon to be "bitchen." I am just trying to wrap my head around all of these time frames that make absolutely no sense, but cause so much anguish to those who are entitled to this compensation. Everything is electronic, not still written in stone with a chisel, yes there are alot of claims, but for those of us who are having financial hardships that does not help in paying the mortgage. I did not ask to pay my mothers medical and funeral expenses, it was my obligation as a daughter. I say that because I have been told that I should have been more financially responsible, without them knowing the full story. I am venting, so for now I will "shut up, color, and play more Angry Birds!"

Donna