VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P Exam Should I Take Imo From Private Dr.?

Rate this question

walt

Question

Hello Everyone,

I have a c and p for chronic anxiety 24 Jan.My question is...Should I take IMO I have from private Dr .(Phyc)? I sent it to RO around Christmas. I have submitted in service medical records and Va medical records as well as private medical records.The first diagnosis was back in early seventies.while in service..They have been continous from then until now. I also have also sent several buddy letters,one from a fellow soldier I served with back in the eighties.Also an IMO from a PHY. Assistant here at the local clinic.Although very short ,she did use," at least as likely" and "more likely as not" . I also have a letter from a fellow soldier telling about one of the first attacks I had while at work one day in surgery when we were both enlisted. He went on to Medical school and is now a Dr. but letter was not written as an IMO.It is listed in what they have received twice,once as letter from Dr.John Doe MD.and again as Statement from John Doe.

My claim was in decision and was sent back to gathering of evidence saying something close to this....".In the absence of IMO please furnish an opinion as to whether or not the conditions claimed are related to conditions while in service."

When it was sent back I had not sent the IMO that I have.Still the people at 800 number cannot find any of the above mentioned except the letter from Dr. John Doe so I am going to send everything again. The IMO I have says in the assessment...Axis 1:Panic disorder with agraphobia.Secondary generalized anxiety disorder. Axis II:no diagnosis Axis III:Chronic obstructive pulmonary Disease,Coronary artery disease,Degenerative disk disease,History of prostate cancer,and Osteroarthritis. Axis IV: Moderate,AxisV:50 with the highest level being 60. This IMO is four pages long and ends with: Specifically then in regards to patient"s Ilness and his military servive I can clearly say that this illness began during his military service however I cannot say with certainty whether his military service caused this illness.

I had four periods of service with total of 12 years 4 months.Last enlistment was only 5 months with a personality disorder discharge. Fast way out.During this last enlistment I had and have submittted with my claim,diagnoses of chronic anxiety,generalized anxiety disoder and adult adjustment disorder.Yet the old stand by personality disorder was used for discharge.

I am also having an IMO being written br Dr.Bash.I am counting on this a great deal.I was denied in 2001 on four conditions.Anxiety was one of them.This time I have claimed 11 for sevice onnection and 14 as secondary to.The reason given for denial was that condition neither occurred in or was caused by being in service,yet the the preceding paragraph in facts said evidence from the veteran shows he was diagnosed with and treated for the four conditions.The only thing I can think of is at that time they only had two of my dd214 and those were the periods I was diagnosed with the four conditions.

In the denial..reason for decision they said there was no evidence two periods of service was honorable active service.They also stated my medical records were requested from St.Louis on 3 March 2000 and St.Louis advised theymailed the records on August 4 ,2000 but they were not received.The decision was 8 march 2001.They stated if these records are subquently received claim will be reconsidered with date of claim protection.

I do not know what they have from St. Louis if anything but I have sent them copies of what I have. I have some records that are not copies but original and I hesitate to send them. I Dunno. any advice and help is again appreciated. .......I have several emails to and from St.Louis about my records and one says...Yes your records are here,please submit a new request.I eceived some but I do not remember if all or when I received or if VA received any or not. I know I have rambled a lot here but best I know....I guess what I am asking mainly is what you think about taking the IMO I got with me to the C and P examiner.Good or bad idea? thank you all. Walt

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hello Walt,

From what you have posted I believe that your C and P exam may not allow you to bring anything to it.

If your dealing with QTC then the VARO will supply only what they want the examiner to have. This is not fair as they typically will leave out much of the record and will not be a complete use of your records. So the end decision from QTC will usually result in a faulty decision. One that you must appeal to proceed further.

If you look at your letter ordering your C and P exam you will probably notice under.. "Can I bring or Should I bring any medical records" and they say No. The VA will supply all of the records for the examiner.

YEA RIGHT..... Been there done that.

On my first C and P exam , I brought an important one page report that should rate me at 100 percent P and T. Now fortunately , I already knew the QTC doctor and though he had only what the VA sent him , I did show him the report and he was very curious as to when and where this report was. Though I am still waiting on the results from the C and P , I am hoping that he was able to comment on it. It is in my Cfile also. That is something you should make sure of . That all of your reports are in your C file and of record.

Now the 2nd C and P examiner was totally different and I knew that no report would be accepted by him as he totally changed all of my previous records of evidence and not in a good way. I did not waste my time commenting to him once I saw his direction and being a clown in a doctors costume. That C and P result will be best be ready for appeal at the next level and then its my turn to shoot his opinion down.

If it was me and you can get Dr. Bash to write you a favorable report then by all means do it.

If you can get it in the C and P exam , good for you. Though I feel that it probably won't fly at that level.

However I feel that you must get this to the next level of appeal and get your evidence into the record and as soon as you get a decision.

I would not do it until they make some decision ,,, good or bad. You really don't want any more holdups but now a decision , so you can move forward. If you cause them to maybe pull your file, it can add months or even years to your claim.

Its in their court and let them serve you the next volley so you can get in writing their decision and what they are asking for next and then formulate an effective appeal with your evidence and your IMO's firing at them.

All of your evidence should be put into the record and noted as such but I would make sure that you do it in a way that will not result into alot of delaying tactics by the VA.

Above all Walt don't get discouraged and remember .......NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Even with a favorable C&P, the VA claim delays can cause the C&P to "age out". Current medical evidence of a condition and it's severity is a plus, even though it might come from outside VA medical treatment or diagnosis.