VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Disability Questionaires - Or Is This Old News?

Rate this question

71M10

Question

Greetings all:

I was doing some on-line research on sleep apnea and how the VA defines Cor Pulmonale and came accross a new series of disability questionaires, that appear to have been submitted in the federal register last June. Has anyone heard about or been asked to use these new forms? I will attach the ones for Sleep apnea and Osteoarthritis spine.

I think the forms do a better job of defining level of disability and I suspect that the way the are formatted might be geared to artificial intelligence interpretation. I have not looked at them from the stand point of if the questions are slanted towards denial or approval, lowball vs proper rating. One thing that stood right out was the request for the ICD code, which traditionally hasn't lined up well with the VASRD. Could this be an omen of a major rewrite on VASRD?

Or is this old news and I just wasn't paying attention last Summer?

VBA-21-0960M-14-ARE.pdf

VA data collection form for disabilities OMB july 2011.pdf

VBA-21-0960L-2-ARE.pdf

Edited by 71M10

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Been in effect for IHD Parkinson's and bcell for awhile. Problem is that the others are still being fine tuned. A lot of times it still is not being filled out correctly and the Va will still need too either get more evidence from doctor or request C&P anyways

http://benefits.va.gov/TRANSFORMATION/disabilityexams/docs/DBQ_Fact_Sheet.doc'>http://benefits.va.gov/TRANSFORMATION/disabilityexams/docs/DBQ_Fact_Sheet.doc

http://benefits.va.gov/TRANSFORMATION/disabilityexams/

Look at the Q&A section onthe right of the second hyperlink.

Greetings all:

I was doing some on-line research on sleep apnea and how the VA defines Cor Pulmonale and came accross a new series of disability questionaires, that appear to have been submitted in the federal register last June. Has anyone heard about or been asked to use these new forms? I will attach the ones for Sleep apnea and Osteoarthritis spine.

I think the forms do a better job of defining level of disability and I suspect that the way the are formatted might be geared to artificial intelligence interpretation. I have not looked at them from the stand point of if the questions are slanted towards denial or approval, lowball vs proper rating. One thing that stood right out was the request for the ICD code, which traditionally hasn't lined up well with the VASRD. Could this be an omen of a major rewrite on VASRD?

Or is this old news and I just wasn't paying attention last Summer?

Will these forms work the same as a nexus letter?? Enquiring Minds want to know! Thanks for the info! Mike