Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Changes Health Care Policy On Emergency Care

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

I hope this story will get to our vets by the link I posted. This is HUGE.....many of us have already had problems with the VA and the fee basis problems. It will especially be huge to the heart attack/stroke veterans who have to get to the nearest medical center and cannot bear the cost of emergency room fees. This one is a long time coming and glad our Vets did not get another round of bad news. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C

http://www.military.com/veterans-report/va-changes-emergency-care-policy?ESRC=vr.nl

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Last week I called the Patient Rep at the VAMC and complained that my request for Reimbursement has not been decided. She told me that there are experiencing staff turn-over, like all the time! Anyway, she never told me that I might fill out a VA Form that would expidite the FB claim process --and we all know the VA likes their precious Forms (even though, by law and regulation we could send our communications on a paper plate lol) ... Here's a copy/paste of VA Info on ER Care, etc.

http://www.nonvacare.va.gov/

Non-VA Care Programs

Hello Wings .... it is bad at the Va and the amount of time to get anything done now. I thought the form said "as part of the Paperless Reduction Act"...... It is suppose to help you not have as many problems and to expedite the task that the Veteran is facing. Instead its like ....add to the mountain by each stone you pile up and when it gets to a certain level we will think about its height . But that will take another letter or bill also.

The reports are now archived here so we can pull them up and thats what is good for the Veteran. Too bad the VA doesn't learn from Hadit how to manage its affairs. This ship runs pretty smooth when you look at how many courses it has to steer. Thank you again Wings and hope you are doing fine. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Wings .... it is bad at the Va and the amount of time to get anything done now. I thought the form said "as part of the Paperless Reduction Act"...... It is suppose to help you not have as many problems and to expedite the task that the Veteran is facing. Instead its like ....add to the mountain by each stone you pile up and when it gets to a certain level we will think about its height . But that will take another letter or bill also.

The reports are now archived here so we can pull them up and thats what is good for the Veteran. Too bad the VA doesn't learn from Hadit how to manage its affairs. This ship runs pretty smooth when you look at how many courses it has to steer. Thank you again Wings and hope you are doing fine. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

x

x

x

Maybe my files would get more attention if I inked them on toilet paper --think they's take the hint? LOL! BIG HUG to you Captain!! ~Wings

Hello Wings......that is funny . Well at least they would be at arms length from them and someone would be handling them righttttt!!!!! Oh well don't you just love their paperless products and ease at which everything is now moving. Glad your doing fine and thanks for the thoughts too.... NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.