Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Figuring Which Will Be Retro?

Rate this question

ammodad

Question

got letter and it says i was kicked up to 70% percent but i was already at 60%, ok i am feeling that even though i don't understand it . they awarded me 30% for the rating on my claim , now i am trying to figure which one will they use to figure the arrears the 30% or the 70% sounds ignored don't it i should know this ???? and they are going back 2004 they say...

thanks for being there every thing you guys do and provide make it that much easier for the rest of us to keep moving forward and forgive me for asking simple questions just dont like not knowing

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Having been paid the 60% rate since before the date they are going back to makes figuring your retro fairly easy. Go to http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/rates/#BM01. For each year from the date they gave you to present, find the 60% rate they paid you and subtract that from the 70% rate. From an earlier post, I believe you said back to May 2005 so multiply the difference between the 60% and 70% rates by 8 and thats your retro for 2005. Do the same for each suceeding year,only multiply the difference by 12. Once you finish 2011, add the numbers and that should give you a ballpark figure as to the retro you can expect.

Edited by johnjjr

ok let me see if i have this down i go to the rate chart and find the rating for the (60%) i was getting back 2005 and then i go and find the rating for the (70%) as well and i subtract the 60% rating from the 70% rating that will give me the difference. then i multiply that difference by 8 and i do the same for the succeeding years but i multiply the difference of them all by 12 ??????ph34r.pngblink.png

Edited by ammodad

If you can tell me what your monthly amt is now, I'll figure it for you.

also need to know if any change in dependents during those years.

Edited by johnjjr