Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam For Defered Contention

Rate this question

CShock

Question

Good Afternoon,

I have a quick question. I recently was award 60% SC with one contention defered and a request for additional evidence regarding another contention. To my surprise the local VAMC called me a few days later and completed the C&P the same day. Since then I have submitted my additional support information and sent same certified mail with return receipt, which arrived at the RO yesterday. Today I optained a copy of the C&P and I would like to know if it is an acceptable practive to send my C&P report to the RO also or let the VAMC send it since a request was made to them. I had until the 22nd of this month to submit my info and the VAMC has until the 22nd of next month. Naturally I want to get things moving a quickly as (VA) possible but I don't want to overstep my bounds.

Thanks in advance and more importantly thanks for all the info and knowledge I have gained over the last year.

Shock

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Shock,

The regional office will receive the C&P from the medical center when they return your C-file. Sending the copy provided to you from ROI will really not speed up the process.

If you have e-benefits you are supposed to be able to track when the exam request was made, the appointment, and when the request was fullfilled (exam complete with report and file returned to regional office). Please note i used the term "supposed to". The quality of information on ebenefits appears to vary in quality and accuracy since much of it is updated by the regional offices.

Best regards,

No! Do not send your own C & P exam to the Regional Office. They are the one thay order the exam. Don't put them on the defensive. They don't need to know what you know.