VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Neurologist Says Osa Related To Organic Solvent Exposure

Rate this question

rdawg

Question

just got c&p report for obstructive sleep apnea.

Dr checked box that says "at least as likely as not" due to service. In the comments he stated that I was exposed to solvents/jet fuel/isocyanytes as reported in my smr's. He then referrenced the internet articles that I took to the c&p describing exposure to organic solvents as a cause for sleep apnea. Good news.

I think they need to work out some bugs in the new system.

He examined me for DDD of the neck -- I was claiming it seciondary to DDD of lumbar or due to the use of power tools (vibration damage)

He also examined me for headache.

In his report

Under Medical opinion for "direct" service connection

he checked "less likley than not" that my neck condition was related to toxic exposures. DUH! I never claimed that.

He also stated that power tool use could have contributed to DJD of Cervical Spine.

He states my headaches are mixed tension and sinus and that the tension headaches cannnot be service connected because my neck is not.

Under Medical opinion for "secondary" service connection he checked "at least as likely as not"

but only discussed OSA and stated it was directly connected to service.

I think he was supposed to fill out this form for each condition -- are they direct/secondary/aggravated etc.

He is a VA neurologist.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Approximately 40,000 veterans suffer from Parkinson's disease. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) strives to provide additional support for these individuals.

Read more: Veterans Benefits & Parkinson's Disease | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_6371426_veterans-benefits-parkinson_s-disease.html#ixzz1kQiaptCu

Parkinson's disease (PD) is one of the most common neurologic disorders. It affects roughly 1.5 million Americans. The Veterans Health Administration treats an estimated 40,000 veterans with PD each year. Overall, 22, 700,000 million of the US population are veterans and 40,000 have PD or .5% of the veteran population and there is 312,884,000 million in the entire US population and 1.5 million have PD or .2 %.

Parkinson's Disease Risk Greater in Those Exposed to Common Chemical, Trichloroethylene, Study Shows

ScienceDaily (Nov. 29, 2011)

While prior research has indicated a link between TCE exposure and Parkinson's disease, the current findings are the first to report a statistically significant association -- a more than six-fold increased risk. Researchers also found that exposure to PERC and CCI4 tended toward significant risk of developing the disease.

To read the entire article click below.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111129142015.htm