Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yesterday while visiting my social worker I found out that VA pharmacy has to fill prescriptions written by outside Doc. Simply write on the script A + A and turn it in. It has to be in the VAMCnd had it fixed.

Also they are supposed to provide a homemaker benefit that pays for someone to come in do your laundry make up beds and prepare meals.

I did not know about this

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Yesterday while visiting my social worker I found out that VA pharmacy has to fill prescriptions written by outside Doc. Simply write on the script A + A and turn it in. It has to be in the VAMCnd had it fixed.

Also they are supposed to provide a homemaker benefit that pays for someone to come in do your laundry make up beds and prepare meals.

I did not know about this

Pete,

Do you have a reference to this information? I have been on A&A since Jan 2007 and have never heard about this. I am most interested in the payment for someone to come in to do laundry , make beds and prepare meals... I thought the purpose of A&A payments was so the veteran had the extra cash to pay someone to do these things. My wife of 40 years does these things for me right now, but things are getting real hard for her as we get older. I wish that the congress would open up the caregiver program to all veterans and not just the "chosen few", of the latest wars.. just doesn't seem right.

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to talk to your Social Worker. This is info mine gave although she did say that soetimes you had to wait 30 days t get it

You need to talk to your Social Worker. This is info mine gave although she did say that soetimes you had to wait 30 days t get it

Social worker? I don't have a social worker.....

• HadIt.com Elder

Social worker? I don't have a social worker.....

Call the pharmacy and talk to one of the bosses. Every one who goes to VAMC has a Social Worker just ask for the social worker assigned to the clinic you go to