Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Exam/dr Id

Rate this question

deanbrt

Question

I had a recent neurology exam at my VAMC. I was not happy with the diagnosis and they are going to do a second exam. But my concern is this. the Dr. that examined me (a male) gave no indication he was anything other than a VA doctor. When I got the notes from the exam it was signed by a female neurologist, who is VA staff, and never saw ,me that day, like she had performed the exam. It turns out the person that saw me is a resident at the local university hospital.

I have had a resident do an initial exam before but the VA doctor always did the finish in person and the resident represented himself as such. I have complained to the case worker at the VAMC and the Patient Advocate there. Am I off base in thinking it is a serious breach of ethics, if not law?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your neck injury can be causing the dizziness. Dizziness is one of the most chronic problems I have had for ten years. I tell people I fall into the wall of the shower. My favorite line is " I am not as stable as I look". My golf buddies have been getting a laugh out of this line for years.

There are other causes and I have plenty of other possible causes. However, since it has been going on so long and has not gotten worse I just blame my dizziness on the herniated C-4. There are links to pages showing the relationship between disc herniation and giddiness/dizziness. However, I cannot copy and paste right now. This board has gotten awful finnicky.

I have fallen into my shower wall. Several times. Thank God it is a shower and not a bathtub with shower so the walls kept me upright.