Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Old First Claim, Where Is That Va Info

Rate this question

autumn

Question

i looked at the VA forms link and got a bit overwhelmed as to which one to get so i ask a question.

i recently saw an old letter that VA wrote that i had filed a claim, my first, back in the 80's. that's all it said about that.

i can't remember if I filed that claim myself, if i had a SO from an org or what. was a long time ago.

the VA hospital i was at at that time did send me all their records they had but i didn't see but a few C&Ps from them about the same time the letter stated i had filed a claim. there was nothing of the VA stuff about that claim, any VA correspondence, etc.

what form would i use to reequest all info relating to that claim? and medical evidence VA used back then for their decision?

and where do i send form & request to? i don't want to ask the VARO in this state cuz it seems any correspondence with them brings out the jinx's, if ya know what i mean.

tia

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/vba-21-4138-are.pdf

You could send it to the VARO the claim was filed at.

I personally would make a visit to the closest VARO and request a copy of the claim filed

and the rating decision adjudicated in connection with those issue/s.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

This can get complicated. First, the only available records are likely to be in your VA "C" file. (Request a copy)

Thanks to the "redaction" process a few yeas ago, old records might be gone forever, unless you have copies.

(I'm still trying to find records of a denied claim going back to approximately 1970, since, if found, a "CUE" claim is possible.)

(They disappeared from my VA file.)

This can get complicated. First, the only available records are likely to be in your VA "C" file. (Request a copy)

Thanks to the "redaction" process a few yeas ago, old records might be gone forever, unless you have copies.

(I'm still trying to find records of a denied claim going back to approximately 1970, since, if found, a "CUE" claim is possible.)

(They disappeared from my VA file.)

thanks Carlie & Chuck,

it is that possibility, considering all the truthful medical evidence that has been brought to light in last few years. it was in california back then that the first claim was filed, same month i was discharged from navy. i just don't remember all the details. i'll write them and see what mileage i get.

i don't know much about the redaction thing, sounds like the unexplainable fire in st louis years ago. ;-)

i have a lot, most of, med records from then thanks to a friendly navy corpsman & surgeon's secretary who made copies for me while i was in hospital. said i would need those as there was something wrong with me besides the back injury. i've never seen that guy since. unexplainable, some of the people that come and go from our lives. thankful i met them!

http://www.vba.va.go...21-4138-are.pdf

You could send it to the VARO the claim was filed at.

I personally would make a visit to the closest VARO and request a copy of the claim filed

and the rating decision adjudicated in connection with those issue/s.

JMHO

hi carlie,

is this the form i use to request that information? looks like a statement in support of claim. tia

autum,

You can actually write and submit this request on toilet paper

but this is the form used by most claimants : - )

Try to be as specific as possible with the request, I would try to include

the issues claimed and a timeframe it was submitted.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

autum,

You can actually write and submit this request on toilet paper

but this is the form used by most claimants : - )

Try to be as specific as possible with the request, I would try to include

the issues claimed and a timeframe it was submitted.

JMHO

ah ha!! roger dat, got it this time.makes sense now, i know what to do with that. love the humor!!

many htanks