Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Claim In Process

Rate this question

eganusn

Question

Hello all. I will be honest, I posted this topic on another site. However, I am not getting any consistent response. I just hope I can get some opinions on this, I do think its somewhat of a valid topic. Here goes:

Information about this first.

I filed a "informal" claim on 2/9/11. It was for an increase on Fibromyalgia, IBS, and Patellar Femoral Syndrome (Left Knee), Currently rated at 30%. I also claimed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and PTSD (under the new rules). I have medical documentation for all ailments that I claim. I completed a QTC that encompassed all the claimed ailments, minus the PTSD. I have no scheduled c&p exams or a qtc for the PTSD (It cannot be disputed it was dx'd in service).

Now I know the process takes awhile, and I understand the wait, however, I did request a hardship expedite more than two months ago, haven't worked in over 7 months and homeless for the past two months. I inquired with every level of the VA to see what kind of status update there may be due to the request of hardship, but no one would give a definite answer. I've done the congressional inquiry deal, and my POA has also attempted to contact the highest levels possible to get an idea of what's going on but there was no answer forthcoming from anyone. What I do understand is that my claim is still in "development" phase and no movement at all up to this point.

Now I finally called the VA's office of case management, and I was actually surprised by the response I got. I was told that my request for an increase for Fibromyalgia is what's holding up the process. I asked the analyst how that was, and he said "we didn't receive your request for increase until this past January". Now, I know what I submitted last February 2011, I made copies of what I submitted, so that's kind of a surprise. My question is why would it hold up the rest of my claims? How can one thing hold up the rest? Especially since the QTC is complete and I know that its been received. I'm not asking for a "WAG", I would just love to know if anyone else had a similar situation and how was it resolved?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry to hear about the FM. My wife has it and she's constantly in pain. Hopefully someone at VA will get this mess in order and get you rated fast.

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

You have a claim for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. They have 70 to 80 % of the same symptoms. The VA will work them at the same time so as to nnot to comp a veteran twice for the same problem. There was a court ruling that said IBS is a part of Fibro, and now some vets are not getting both. It may get worked out latter.

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook

GulfVet45, thanks, that's what they did to me originally when I filed back in the 90's. They lumped the IBS with

the fibro.

Edited by eganusn