Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting For Rating, In Notification Phase For Ao - Ihd Claim

Rate this question

AFButch

Question

IRS and 800 tell me decision was made 2/28/2012. Claim went to Notification Phase. IRIS response said my RO (Portland, OR) has a normal 5 day to generate rating letter. OK it is 3/14/2012! No letter, no money in the bank??? Of course they do qualify saying it (the 5 days) depends on the factors in your claim. I am a VN Vet, boots on the ground, with an agent orange presumptive claim for Ischemic Heart Disease. Most of these claims are flying through the process, I have a friend who had his money in the bank within 3 months. I guess I complicated the matter listing the various things that have resulted to me as a result of this claim ALL HEART RELATED - bypass, heart attack, chest pain, meds I take etc. I guess these conditions complicate my claim but for the lack of understanding, I do not understand why. I could understand if I had included my back, loss of hearing etc that sort of thing in this claim but I did not (maybe later).

Another concern is I was NOT sent to one of their doctors throughout this process. I had hoped it was because the various med records and the questionaire for IHD that my doctor sent was sufficient to process the claim, I know in some of these similar cases, it was not necessary. It will be frustrating if this late into a presumptive claim that I am sent to a doctor. My claim has been on the block since either Sept 2011 or Oct 2011 (I sent it in Oct but IRIS says it is Sept probably because I called prior to actually providing the claim, med records, etc.)

Frustrated, maybe something will be in the mail today. I do not have any representation and I am not on ebenefits.

Venting, I guess

Butch

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

It's ok to vent, we're here to listen.....Here's hoping for some good news. I stopped by my local (20 miles away) Va outpatient clinic to get travel pay yesterday and hardly any vehicles in the parking lot. A lot of Va employees took off for spring break. I would think that it would and or could affect the claims side too. I too, am anxiously awaiting.....

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

You have to understand just because it went to Notification Phase does not mean the claim is completed,

Mine went to notification then back to review of evidence and then closed, once your claim is closed then,

they send out the letter, I know it's hard but try not to think about it and keep yourself busy other wise the

stress will get to you and it's not good with a heart problem, I have been through this and finally had to step

away and tried to keep my mind on something else.

We are always here for you Brother,

NJ

"Hang in there and Fight"

• HadIt.com Elder

Another concern is I was NOT sent to one of their doctors throughout this process as you say you were NOT sent for a C&P exam? The VA has done all of my cardiac stuff since 1997 and they still send me for C&amp&P exams over my SC Cardiac issues yes they can grant a claim without a C & P exam based on your records but it is not the normal way they do it because IHD can be rated from 30% 60% and 100% it depends on your METS or your Ejection fraction do you have a pacemaker or defib installed? your claim is only about 6 months old that is not very LONG in VA time normal is about a year for an initial claim the VA doesn't hold to time lines very well "patience" is required for dealing with the VARO and BVA my claims took almost 9 and half years before it was finished and that isn't normal either

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

@ Testvet the DDV tells me that the questionaire my cardiologist submitted (at Fast Track's request) is designed to take the place of a C&P exam...?? This is suppose to be a Fast Track presumptive case. It was rotten you had to wait so long for yours, hoping there was huge retro for you. The questionaire states my mets.

@ NJ you are right and I have resigned to just that. Like we have a choice, LOL.

Thanks for the support. No more venting and I am good with that. Will wait until I get rating and hoping to just post a positive success story. I am waiting on paperwork from Dept Disabled Vets to allow them access to it here in Oregon. I guess I had one only affective in California as that was where I discharged from. I do that because I do not have ebenefits so can not watch or use other things like the letter generator etc.

Butch